𝟢𝟢𝟢. 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗶 𝗺𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗺

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (0. curse the evil)
in which the hypocrisy of the Wizarding World is revealed

'TRIPPING IN THE WORLD COULD BE DANGEROUS ; EVERYBODY CIRCLING, ITS VULTUROUS'

BE DANGEROUS ; EVERYBODY CIRCLING,
ITS VULTUROUS'

May 2nd, 1998 saw the victorious end of the Second Wizarding War and the subsequent defeat of Voldemort. For months afterwards, numerous street festivals were held, with lavish firework displays celebrating the Wizarding World's victory.

Acclaimed War Heroes - namely, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ronald Weasley, had been awarded an Order of Merlin for their war efforts and triumphs. The Golden Trio had successfully lived up to the nickname they had been granted; becoming seemingly even more famous than they previously had been.

The end of the Second Wizarding War put an end to the ghastly, ill-mannered prejudices of Half-Bloods, Muggleborns, Squibs, Creatures, and Half-Breeds alike. Though, with a legacy of such deep rooted hatred, it was never going to be that easy to completely erase.

Prejudice and fear were two rather poignant issues that were far too hard to cure overnight. Only now, those prejudiced opinions were directed towards those who, thanks to age-old family legacies, had been raised on the wrong side of the war.

Those who were born into cold houses, taught to believe in the purity of their blood and preconditioned with vicious values and ideals. Those who were granted only one ultimatum - to join the cause, or to die.

Those who, unbeknownst to everyone, sought the courage to fight back in spite of everything for what they believed in. The underdogs of the War who received no glory or gratitude, nor the freedom they'd so desperately hoped for.

Reformed Death Eaters, who had been forced into bearing the Dark Mark through no choice of their own, were shunned and discriminated against in every aspect of their 'newly liberated' lives. The families of known, loyal followers - whilst proven to have had no direct involvement in the war themselves, were treat just as badly.

Even those who had been exonerated, namely Draco Malfoy whose identity as a spy for the Order of the Phoenix had been made public knowledge upon Voldemort's defeat, remained subjugated against. It didn't seem to matter that Draco, along with many other reformed Death Eaters, had been the ones to capture and defeat the majority of the Dark Lord's loyal followers - their own families included.

It had become a great struggle for anyone with a link to the Dark Lord to acquire a firm standing within society. Their properties, lands, and Gringotts vaults had been seized upon Voldemort's defeat - ransacked for any lingering Dark Objects and used to pay for the rebuilding of society.

Prejudice and fear made it hard for them to acquire a decent career, forcing them to flee the Wizarding World or face the crippling effects of poverty. Not to mention that so many of them were struggling mentally to cope with the Mark that still continued to poison their blood.