𝟢𝟢𝟦. 𝗰𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗶𝘁

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (iv. fallen)
in which he knocks her off her feet

'THEY'RE OUT TO GET YOU, BETTER LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN'

BETTER LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN'

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Diagon Alley
━━━━ September 4th, 2000

Set against the dull, grey painted shops around it, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes hit the eye like a firework display. The left-hand window was full of an assortment of products that whizzed, flashed, bounced and shrieked - causing casual passers-by to come to halt, transfixed by the various assortments of orange and purple.

Inside stood boxes, stacked to the ceiling containing the Skiving Snackboxes that the twins had finally perfected during their final ( and unfinished ) year at Hogwarts. The Nosebleed Nougat was by far the most popular - with only one remaining box still sat on the shelves.

Scattered around the corners of the shop were baskets containing trick wands - the cheapest turning into rubber chickens when waved, the most expensive beating the unwary user around the head. The front shelves lining the right side of the store housed the boxes of quills; which came in Self-Inking, Spell-Checking, and Smart-Answer varieties.

In the middle of the store, where the till resided, stood a small crowd of stunned 8-year-olds as they watched a tiny little wooden man slowly ascend some steps towards a real set of gallows, both perched on a box that read: 'Reusable Hangman: Spell It Or He'll Swing'.

In the middle of the store stood a bewildered little girl, wide-eyed as she looked at a box bearing the image of a handsome prince and a swooning princess who were standing on the deck of a pirate ship.

"Sorry, milady. I'm afraid I can't sell that to you," Fred spoke with an exaggerated frown as he popped up on the girls left side. "Over sixteens only," George added, pointing to the disclaimer on the side of the Patented Daydream Charm box which read:

'One simple incantation and you will enter a top-quality, highly realistic thirty-minute daydream, easy to fit into the average school lesson and virtually undetectable (side effects include: vacant expression and minor drooling.) Not for sale to under-sixteens.'

"But if you come back in 10 years we'd be happy to offer you a 30% discount," George finished with a mischievous grin. The little girl smiled, running from the display to find her mother just as the bell above the large orange door rang out - signalling someone had entered the store.

"Well, well, well," George spoke in a teasing tone as he moved to stand in the main aisle of the shop, crossing his arms as he looked at the newcomer. "Look who finally decided to show up for work, Freddie."

Fred joined his brother's side; matching George's stance and expression perfectly. "Verity, you're fifteen minutes late." The aforementioned witch rolled her eyes in an exaggerated manner as she brushed past the twins, making her way towards the counter that the till sat upon.