𝟢𝟢𝟥. 𝗶𝗼𝗰𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗺

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (iii. the joke shop)
in which she fulfills her promise

'BABY I COULD BUILD A CASTLE OUTOF ALL THE BRICKS THEY THREW AT ME'

OF ALL THE BRICKS THEY THREW AT ME'

Nott Manor, Brighton and Hove
━━━━ August 25th, 2000

When Asteria had awoken that morning, the last thing on her mind was murder. However, after spending the first few hours of her day listening to Theo whine about Pansy's lack of interest and being forced to wallow in Draco's suffocating self-pity - Asteria was teetering on a very close edge.

As per Hestia's request, Asteria was babysitting Circe for the day and had thought it a good idea to visit Theo. The youngest Nott sibling had moved out of London early last year building himself a new home in a Wizarding community in Brighton; which also happened to be by the sea, much to Circe's enjoyment.

The new Nott Manor, whilst not as large nor pretentious as the previous one, was equally as elegant and grand. The home featured five large bedrooms - all fitted with a wood-burning fireplace and a four-poster bed, though the interior of each was quite different.

Unlike the chilled space that encompassed the previous Nott Manor, this one gave a much warmer impression. Though still decorated with the same emerald green and silver colour scheme that ran through the entirety of the home, the new Nott Manor felt much more homely.

Asteria believed the large, candle-lit library on the second floor had a lot to do with its inviting serenity. Well, that and the fact that the back garden led out onto the beachfront. There was nothing quite like reading a good book by the fire, listening to the waves crashing on the shore.

Draco, after making sure his mother was happy within the Malfoy Manor, had moved in with Theo not long after the war. The two had a stark resemblance of that of an old, married couple - Draco being the typical grumpy husband, and Theo being the forever whining wife.

It was a wonder neither had killed the other yet.

It had been a few days since Circe had last seen Theo as a result of his busy work schedule - however, after spending the last half hour listening to Theo talk about his latest issues with Pansy, Asteria was starting to regret ever presenting the idea of visiting her younger brother.

Breathe. In through the nose. Out through the mouth. Just breathe.

"Auntie ViVi, look!" Asteria had never been so grateful for an interruption, even if it did come in the form of her six-year-old niece dressed as what can only be described as an 18th-century French aristocrat. The brunette stifled her laughter as though to not hurt Circe's feelings - Theo, however, wasn't nearly as tactful.

"Did a wardrobe throw up on you?" Theo's blunt words caused the excited smile on Circe's powder-white face to fall into an uncharacteristic scowl. Before the six-year-old could even retort, a soft pop sounded in the air as a small, spritely house-elf appeared in the kitchen.