𝟢𝟣𝟤. 𝗻𝗼𝘃𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗻𝘂𝘀

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (xii. the New Years Eve party)
in which they take it a little too far

'UNLESS THESE DEMONS FOLLOW ME HOME, ITS EASY TO BURY THE GUILT ON MY OWN'

ITS EASY TO BURY THE GUILT ON MY OWN'

The Flat above Cafe Bonheur, Diagon Alley
━━━━ December 29th, 2000

'Weasley,

Theo's throwing a party at the Manor to celebrate the
New Year.
In regards to our recently adapted acquaintanceship, I find it only appropriate to extend an invitation.
You're welcome to bring whoever you want.

Asteria.

ps. Simba has a predilection for chocolate drops.'

Asteria had pondered over whether to invite Fred for the last couple of days. She had mulled over every consequence and benefit of his attendance, carefully trying to consider whether the manner was appropriate for their newfound 'friendship'.

They were only in the early stages of warming up to each other and Asteria questioned whether inviting Fred to her brother's party ━ a party that would be attended by Slytherins and defected Death Eaters - was too big of a next step.

In the end, it was the anxiety she felt about the blind date that Pansy had orchestrated for her that ruled her decision.

Asteria had absolutely no interest in spending her time at the party avoiding the lusty advances of some sleazy wizard or feigning interest in what he had to say.

And, if there was one thing Fred Weasley was good at, it was being a good distraction.

He'd no doubt spend the night making sly little digs about the Manor, her heritage, or her friends ━ and for once, Asteria would welcome it gladly much preferring his dry banter over the alternative.

The only matter that still weighed heavily on her mind when she'd sent the small note via her orange Eagle Owl, Simba (named by Circe after the Muggle film she was obsessed with), to the Weasley twins' residence - whether or not Fred would even wish to attend.

She could hardly blame him for his aversion to the idea ━ his opinions of her may have begun to change but she wasn't entirely sure that kindness extended to the rest of her friends.

He didn't know them, at least, not as he was beginning to know her. And whilst Asteria had explained the story of the Dark Mark and the defeated Death Eaters to him, all he knew of her friends was the arrogant, self-absorbed teenagers he'd gone to school with.

Still, Fred Weasley's rejection would be one hit to her pride Asteria wasn't sure she'd be able to recover from. The thought had almost made her incinerate the letter before she'd sent it. Almost.