𝟢𝟢𝟤. 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗲𝗻𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝘀𝘂

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (ii. the snakes bite)
in which he gets bitten for the second time

'SCREW STITCHES ON YOUR HEART,THE MORE IT BURNS THE LESS IT SCARS'

THE MORE IT BURNS THE LESS IT SCARS'

British Ministry of Magic, Level 5:
Office of International Magic of Law
━━━━ August 19th, 2000

Asteria sat in her office ━ the office of International Magic of Law ━ on Level 5 of the Ministry, just down the hall from the Department of International Magical Cooperation head office.

The room itself was decent in size, featuring a solid oak desk in the middle of the room which Asteria had Transfigured herself on her first day ━ the tiny, worn-down desk that had been there before having seen brighter days.

Two large, black filing cabinets stood in either corner of the room; each with an Undetectable Extension Charm cast on them in order to contain the centuries upon centuries of laws, edicts, and regulations that were passed by the Wizarding government. Of which, Asteria was tasked to organise, revise and pass on to Percy Weasley for further amendments.

To say Asteria had been surprised on her first day of work to find that not only would she be working, essentially, for Percy Weasley but that he had been the one to request her for the job, was a severe understatement.

She had sent in her resume to numerous Departments within the Ministry ━ all of which she was more than qualified for given her outstanding NEWT results, and all of which she had been denied further progression to on account of her name and family heritage.

Percy Weasley was the first to give her a chance - whether it be out of the debt he thought his family owed her for saving his brother's life, or because he understood how it felt to be looked down on, Asteria wasn't sure. But she was unbelievably grateful.

She had worked in the Department for a little over a year now, and whilst herself and Percy were nothing more than work colleagues, they did share a common ground. They had both briefly been on the wrong side of the War, and knew how it felt to be subject to harsh and criticising opinions (whether they were justified or not).

Though Percy's experience wasn't nearly as harrowing as Asteria's had been, he wasn't a stranger to being judged unfairly and watched with a cautious eye. He could somewhat relate to her which offered him a position to be able to understand her. Something most others in the Wizarding World had overlooked.

In between filing away new regulations and supervisions on matters of magical secrecy and security, Asteria had spent the last couple of weeks making a list of those banned from International Travel and Apparition upon request of Gawain Robards - Head of the Auror Office.

Most names that appeared on the list were those of ex-Death Eaters, which was relatively unsurprising to Asteria. Whether the ban was justifiable or not was another matter entirely; Asteria didn't doubt most were under surveillance based upon the notion of their familial heritage and not a result of a criminal offence.