𝟢𝟢𝟩. 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘀

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (vii. an unwanted visitor)
in which she gets an unexpected visit

'THE SILENCE OVERTAKES ME, THE IDLE WORDS FORSAKEME AND I AM LEFT TO FACE ME'

ME, THE IDLE WORDS FORSAKE
ME AND I AM LEFT TO FACE ME'

British Ministry of Magic, Level 5:
Office of International Magic of Law
━━━━ October 6th, 2000

It had been barely 7 in the morning when Asteria first arrived to work that day - still rather sluggish and lethargic after her 'date night' with Evan. If she had been given the choice, her office was the last place she'd have been at 7:01 am on a Thursday.

As it was, Robards had given her another task load to work through even though he wasn't her Head of Department. Among travel ban lists and notes on certain peoples latest locations (of which, Asteria believed Robards had no real right to have), Asteria now had to prepare resources for the enactment of the new Wand Trace Law.

Much to her irritation, Robards' appeal had been passed by the Wizengamot meaning all known ex-Death Eaters (those bearing the Dark Mark) had to surrender their wands to the Aurory for the new spell detection charm to be placed on them.

Given the fact that she didn't bear the mark of the Dark Lord, Asteria had managed to escape the law on a technicality. Not that she minded much either way - she had nothing to hide, after all - but the look upon Robards' face when he realised had offered her great satisfaction.

By lunchtime, she was certain the man was mocking her - allowing her to see the different avenues he was inquiring but none of the results. Despite doing most of his work, Asteria didn't have a single clue what he was searching for or what he had found; and that infuriated her, just as she suspected he knew it would.

It was almost three in the afternoon when Kingsley arrived in the doorway of Asteria's office. The witch was in the middle of writing out the letter that would be sent to all known defected Death Eaters - requesting their presence, and wands, in the Aurory before October 5th - when the Minister had knocked at her door.

Asteria stood from her desk as a sign of respect. Her expression held an unwavering calmness and sophistication, which, unfortunately, was not transferred internally. The brunette's head raced with the various scenarios that could have brought Kingsley to her Office - all much more incriminating than the other.

"Good afternoon, Minister," Asteria spoke with a kind smile as she wiped her clammy hands on her black tailored skirt, gesturing her hand towards the chair in front of her desk.

Kingsley smiled gratefully - his purple robes billowing elegantly as entered the room. "Miss Nott," the man nodded in greeting before taking the seat she had offered him. "Percy tells me you're interested in being the Ministry's Chaser for the Commonwealth Tournament?"