𝟢𝟣𝟢. 𝗺𝗮𝘂𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗺𝗾𝘂𝗲

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (x. to wreak havoc)
in which he causes trouble

' SOMETIMES MY THOUGHTS ARE VIOLENT, SOMETIMES THEY BRING ME TO THE LIGHT '

SOMETIMES THEY BRING ME TO THE LIGHT '

The Burrow, Ottery St. Catchpole
━━━━ November 27th, 2000

Wednesday mornings at the Burrow went ahead as usual, the only difference being that Molly was usually confined to the recently added downstairs bedroom or the tatty old armchairs in the living room (on her good days).

All seven Weasley children also now made more of an effort to attend their mother's family breakfast, an irony that was not lost on the ageing woman. It seemed all she needed to do to get all of her family in once place was to be a harrowing knock away from Death's door.

Bill and Fleur had returned from France a couple of days ago and the couple had spent the majority of those days popping in and out of the Burrow to ensure Molly was properly cared for. The eldest Weasley child had found himself missing his mother's overbearing motherliness now that she wasn't able to just apparate to Shell Cottage as and when she'd like to.

He wasn't the only one who had learnt not to take his mother's love for granted, however. Charlie had returned home from Romania the week after Percy had owled him the news of his mother's condition.

The man had been planning to return to England anyway to get started on the renovation of the old Dragon Reserve in the Scottish Highlands, but had replaced sharing a hostel space with his colleagues to living in his old room at the Burrow.

Ginny was also on temporary leave from the Holyhead Harpies. They'd allowed her to spend a couple of weeks at home with her mother, though she was set to return the week after next - much to Molly's disappointment.

The woman had loved having each of her children fawn over her, each of them taking it in turns to pop in and care for her - even if it did make her feel a little incompetent.

The healing salve Asteria and Fred had been making had been helping with that. Molly hadn't felt as great as she currently did since before her diagnosis - all thanks to the little pot of magical solution that her son brought with him every Wednesday.

Of course, the salve didn't cure her condition and there was still a limit to what she could do, but it did help to reduce her discomfort and allow her to be more independent. Which, she was greatly appreciative of as it meant she was able to cook breakfast for her family, just as she was able to before.

Much to the vexation of the entire Weasley clan, Molly had decided to celebrate her recent milestone with what she had deemed an 'Extended Family Breakfast' - complete with everyone the redheaded woman deemed family.

Arthur and Percy had adamantly advised her against the idea, insisting that it wasn't a good idea to over-exert herself given her current condition.