𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦...!

ANTE

 ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ (in which she saves his life)

The Battle of Hogwarts
━━━━ May 2nd, 1998

Hogwarts, which had once been a safe space for all, was now a battlefield. Rogue spells - some hitting their marks and others adding to the destruction of the school - were thrown carelessly within the halls and surrounding areas.

Masses of rubble and crumbled rock littered the floor where several bodies were strewn about; the sickening amount of casualties - on both sides - high and dramatically rising. Had she been given the choice, Asteria Nott would've quite literally been anywhere else.

As it happens, being the middle child of Theodorus Nott - known and loyal follower of the Dark Lord - came with a hefty price. Though spared of the Dark Mark (through her own cowardice), Asteria was expected to uphold the indoctrinated ideals and values that had been infused within her childhood; she was expected to be a dedicated follower of the cause.

Asteria, however, had never been great at meeting expectations. Her magic would not be wielded in the name of Voldemort and his purist opinions. She would not be a part of his twisted venture of mass genocide. She refused.

Running down the seventh floor corridor, Asteria found herself caught up in several different vicious duels. The portraits hung on either side of the corridor were crammed with figures screaming threats and words of encouragement - unable to do much else as Death Eaters, both masked and unmasked, dueled students and teachers.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Asteria called as she held her wand in the direction of a masked Death Eater that was closing in on Dean Thomas. The Death Eater rose into the air, his limbs flailing as he bellowed in rage and frustration.

Beside the witch, Draco Malfoy rose a quizzical brow, a look of utter bewilderment stretched upon his face. "Seriously, Nott?" the blonde eyed her incredulously, "we're in the middle of a war and you're using a first year spell?"

Asteria gritted her teeth at the Malfoy teen, holding his stare with a challenging glint in her eyes as she kept the Death Eater suspended in the air. With the subtlest flick of her wrist, Asteria sent the masked follower crashing into the side of the corridor - a loud crunch emitting as his body fell into an uncomfortable position.

Draco smirked wickedly as he looked from the heap of limbs towards the elder witch, a look of pride replacing his usual scorn showing that he was clearly impressed. "I should've learnt by now to never underestimate you."

Asteria rolled her eyes, her expression flat as she eyed the blonde. "A common mistake. However, as you mentioned, Malfoy - we're in the middle of a war." Nodding to a group of approaching Death Eaters, the brunette tilted her head expectantly, "perhaps it's time you start acting like it."