chapter 4

"Psst."

Thalia's ears twitched at the voice but she pretended she couldn't hear and continued scribbling down notes. She was in Defense Against the Dark Arts and it just so happens that Harry was her assigned partner for the semester. Just her luck.

Harry looked at the professor to make sure he wasn't watching and the raven-haired boy leaned closer to Thalia so the brunette could feel his hot breath hitting her ear. "Psst, Thalia."

"No parents Potter, we're not on a first name basis," Thalia huffed in annoyance. She kept her eyes on her parchment instead of Harry even though the material they were learning didn't need parchment.

"You didn't show on Saturday," Harry whispered, a hint of sadness in his tone. Thalia put her quill on the desk and faced him, quickly turning Harry's pout into an immediate smirk. Thalia thought he was a genuine person for a second but the smirk on his face proved her wrong.

"I told you I wasn't coming," she whispered back. Harry pursed his lips together tightly and Thalia let out a small sigh, knowing that he thought she might show. The brunette noticed eye bags under his soft brown eyes and she suddenly felt horrible for not going. "How long did you wait for me?"

"Not long," Harry assured, shaking his head in the process. "A few hours."

"Oh, Harry," she murmured.

Harry's sadness was easily masked and a smile found its way onto his perfect face. "You called me Harry," he beamed. Thalia rolled her eyes and faced the crazy professor again as he scribbled large block letters onto the chalkboard. "So, Thalia," Harry whispered. "I'm thinking you, me, after class-"

Thalia contemplated actually saying 'yes' to his offer, partly because she felt bad for showing him up when she clearly told him she wasn't going. But the other part of her actually wanted to hang out with Harry Potter.

"-in the broom closet on the fifth floor." And there's where he lost her.

Thalia clenched her jaw tightly and opted for playing with her wand instead of using it to kill Harry Potter. "You're vile, Potter," Thalia seethed. "I would never ever, ever, and I mean never, ever, willingly go into any broom closet with you."

Harry blinked at the major rejection and faced forward as well. He tried to come up with a good response to that before class ended. "I mean," Harry sighed, "I was trying to do less PDA but if you wanna do this out in public, then-"

"You're foul," Thalia gaped. "Potter, I would never date you, snog you, shag you, even kiss your cheek, I would never do any of those things with you because you are disgusting."

"I'm sorry."

"What?!"

"I'm sorry. Look, Thalia, I know I've been acting like a complete douche but I don't normally act like this, I swear," Harry rambled. "I mean, I don't even want to go into a broom closet with you, I don't know why I was saying that."

"What?!" 

Thalia wasn't sure if she should be offended that Harry didn't want to snog her or if she could be happy because that meant he would finally be off her back.

"No, no, no, it's not like that," Harry said very quickly. "I would like to snog you, definitely, I mean, I've dreamed about it so many times. But just not in a broom closet and not if you're uncomfortable with it. I kind of imagined it on top of the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall."

"My godfather told me that one time, my father forced my mother to do it and I thought it was kinda cool. But I just don't want to snog you in a broom closet," Harry continued.