chapter 47

Thalia's mind was racing. If she had her memories erased, would she tell Harry beforehand? Or would she just keep him out of the loop because she'll have her memories reinstated after break? Or would she even remember anything at all? What if Blaise couldn't put her memories back?

"Thalia?" Harry repeated. He snapped his fingers in front of her face, causing Thalia to flinch. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Fine, why?" she asked, turning to him. Thalia laid in Harry's bed, and it was a pretty tight fit, seeing as he had a twin-sized bed.

"You've been zoning out, and I said your name five times," he answered. "What're you thinking about?"

"Nothing," Thalia lied. She quickly made a decision in her mind to not tell him. He probably wouldn't even find out about it, so she'd be fine. 

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" 

Thalia smiled endearingly at him. "I know, Harry. Um, I want to give you your Christmas gift now," she said, changing the subject. "I won't be able to over break, with all the Death Eaters, so I thought I'd give it to you now."

"Okay," he beamed. "I'll give you yours now too." Harry reached behind him and stuck his hand under the bed. He adjusted himself so he was sitting properly and he presented her with a box.

Thalia picked up a bag she shoved under the other side of the bed and she handed it to him. 

"Okay, we've got to open them at the same time," she instructed. "Three.. two.. one!" 

Thalia ripped the wrapping off the box and Harry threw the tissue paper from the bag onto the floor. He grabbed the only thing in the bag and held it up. Thalia opened the box and lifted her item.

"A green sweater," he noted. Harry held up a dark, forest green sweater.

"A red sweater," she replied. Thalia held up a dark, burgundy red sweater.

"Were you spying on me when I bought your gift?" Harry asked.

"No, were you spying on me when I bought your gift?" she echoed.

"No," Harry answered. 

"Well, that is just some twin crap shit," Ron snickered from his bed. "That's like the stuff Gred and Forge get each other."

"Why are you here, Ron?" Thalia asked, looking at him. "Today's Saturday."

"I want to do my homework and I'm not going to the library," Ron replied, "and I'm not sitting by myself in the Great Hall. That's lame." 

"Whatever," Thalia huffed. "Thanks for the gift, Harry." She leaned over to him and kissed his cheek. "I love it."

"I like yours too. Since we did get the same things," he joked. Harry grinned. 

Thalia decided. She knew that she would miss these memories when she had them erased. Hopefully, Blaise would put them back properly.

-----

"I've decided," she announced. "I want you to erase my memory and then put it back after Christmas." Thalia sat at the edge of Blaise's bed.

"This should be fun," Draco commented. Blaise picked his wand up from his nightstand and pointed it at Thalia's forehead.

"Are you sure about this?" Blaise asked. "I've never put memories back before."

"You can do it, I know you can," Thalia said confidently. "Erase my memories now."

Blaise's lips quirked to the side. "Did you tell Harry?"

"No. It's only like two more days until break, so it'll be fine," Thalia replied. "Okay, do it."

"Fine. Impatient," he grumbled. "Obliviate."

Draco's nose scrunched up as he watched Thalia stay completely still. After a few seconds, Blaise put his wand back onto the nightstand.

"She looks the same," Draco noted.

"It's a memory charm, not an appearance charm," Blaise deadpanned.

"Lia," Draco said slowly, "how are you feeling?"

"Probably better than you. Why?" Thalia asked. 

Draco crouched down and put his hands on his knees so he was at the same eye level as Thalia. She narrowed her eyes at their closeness.

"Who is Harry Potter?" Draco questioned.

"You know who he is, dimwat," Thalia huffed, folding her arms in front of her chest. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Who is Harry Potter to you?" Draco clarified, ignoring Thalia's question.

"You're asking stupid questions," the brunette scowled.

"You are asking stupid questions, Draco," Blaise echoed. "Ask her something more specific."

"Fine," Draco grumbled. "Lia, what did you do in the last 24 hours?"

"Why are you interrogating me?" Thalia retorted. "Merlin, get out of my face. I'm going to the kitchens." Thalia left Blaise's bed and exited their dorm. 

Draco and Blaise both quickly got to their feet and followed Thalia. "We can get her to interact with Potter," Draco offered, "and see how that goes."

"Harry doesn't know about her memory being erased," Blaise said. "And besides, we don't need him. We just need anyone who's not a Slytherin."

The three exited the common room and Draco jogged ahead. He grabbed a random girl by the arm and pushed her towards Thalia.

"Ew, why are you getting so close to me?" Thalia scoffed, pushing the girl away. "Eugh, germs." She wiped her hands off on her robes and send the girl a dirty look.

"It worked," Draco grinned. "Good job, Blaise."

"Thanks."

-----

Draco quickly closed the curtains in the compartment. Thalia levitated a ball with her hands and Blaise stared out of the window. Theo was reading a Dark Arts book.

There was a knock at the door and Draco quickly exited, then slammed the door behind him.

"Potter, now is not a good time."

Harry frowned. "Well, I just wanted to say bye-"

"Yeah, I wish you could, but Lia's sick," Draco shrugged. "You know, she's super sick and she got all of us sick too. So why don't you just talk to her after break, alright?" 

"But-"

Draco cut him off with a loud cough. He held his arm up to his mouth and began to fake cough very obnoxiously.

Blaise must've heard Draco's excuse because Draco and Harry could hear loud sneezing coming from inside the compartment.

"Can I check on-"

"Sorry, I-" Draco coughed again. "She can't see you because she'll just-" he coughed again "-infect you and you wouldn't want that over the holidays-" he coughed again "-right?"

"I guess not," Harry answered slowly. "Tell her I said to have a nice break, yeah?"

"Sure, whatever," Draco sighed. Then, he coughed again. 

Harry awkwardly walked off and Draco continued to cough. He went back inside the compartment and his face went blank.

"Who was that?" Thalia asked.

"Pansy, just wishing me a Happy Christmas," Draco lied. "She's so clingy, I swear."

"Ugh, what a weirdo."