chapter 32

"You can't just tell me to fuck off while asking for permission to date her," Draco snarled. "You'd make an awful boyfriend."

"Who are you to judge?" Harry seethed, his short temper getting worse. "Didn't you date Parkinson in third year or something?"

"Don't bring that up!" the platinum blonde hissed. "Those were dark times!"

"I- ugh!" Harry grumbled. He slumped into his seat and crossed his arms as he let out exaggerated sighs. "Give me a good reason for why I cannot date Thalia."

"The Dark Lord wants to kill you. I'm not going to let my Lia get attached to a dead man," Draco said stiffly. "She'd probably be the only one to miss you beside this sad lot of Gryffindors."

"Well, he hasn't killed me yet so that's not a valid reason," the bespectacled boy opposed.

Draco glanced at his friends for support, to which Theo came up with a reason easily. "You're fat. I don't normally bully people for obesity because your body is your body and I support body positivity but not when it comes to you, Potter. So, ha! You're fat."

"Ha!" Harry shouted. He jumped out of his seat and lifted his flannel to reveal his abs. The Slytherins all covered their eyes with their hands, not wanting to see more of Harry when they were already sick of him.

"Really, Theo?" Draco huffed. "That's the best you could come up with?"

"I really wished he was fat. I manifested it and everything," Theo growled. 

"Put your shirt back down, Potter," Blaise said, extremely annoyed. Harry rolled his eyes and put his shirt back down while sitting again.

"Now can I date Thalia?"

"NO!" Theo exclaimed. The other two Slytherins took their hands off their eyes and Draco rolled his eyes before pulling Theo's hands down. "Thanks," the blonde mumbled to Draco.

"Don't you want Thalia to be happy?" Harry questioned.

"Oh, she can be happy. Just not with you, or people like you, in general," Draco added. "Hell, I'd let her date Theo before she'll date you."

"Wait-"

"No, Theo, you cannot date her. I was just using that for reference because it displays my deep hatred for Scarhead, here," the platinum blonde scowled.

"I don't need to be friends, or even acquaintances," Harry said desperately. "I just want your guys' permission so I can date Thalia." 

"We'll think about it," Draco said with a fake smile. "We'll get back to you in... how about never?"

At the same time, Draco and Theo stood and started to walk out of the library. Harry frowned but didn't bother to go after them because it was no use.

"Don't know if it matters, but as long as you treat her right, you've got my vote," Blaise muttered. He followed after his friends and Hermione smiled a bit.

"Hey, guys," Thalia greeted cheerfully as she entered the library. Draco froze and he suddenly started to feel guilty as Thalia approached them. 

He stared into his best friend's lovely green eyes and he wanted to make her happy so badly, but he didn't understand how someone like Harry could do such a thing when he couldn't.

"How did your meeting with Harry and them go?" Thalia asked. She'd just finished her detentions and she wanted to check if they were done discussing their terms yet, which they were apparently.

"Oh, they didn't, uh, they didn't show," Theo lied, not wanting to face Thalia's wrath.

"Yeah," Draco supported. "Real bummer. We waited for them for maybe 15 minutes."