chapter 28

"So when did that happen?"

Neville looked so confused as he stared at Harry. "W-when did what happen?" he asked. Neville always stuttered, whether he was comfortable around the other person or not.

"You and Thalia. When did you two become a thing?" Harry never saw Thalia with someone like Neville. He didn't think that Neville would be... on Thalia's level, in a way.

"Oh," Neville blushed, "Thalia and I are just friends. We study and do our homework together because her friends don't do their homework. She says she likes doing it with a friend, rather than by herself. S'pose she gets lonely."

"Lonely?" Harry scoffed, falsely laughing after his comment. "I doubt she gets lonely."

"Everyone's capable of loneliness, Harry."

-----

"Where are you going dressed like that?" Theo asked as Thalia left her dorm and entered the common room. She was wearing a small black dress with thin straps and her hair was loosely braided. 

Theo's eyes looked her up and down for a moment before he was smacked by Draco. "Don't look at her like that," the platinum blonde spat. "But Lia, seriously. Where are you going dressed like that?"

"There's a Gryffindor party," Thalia smiled, "and I've been invited."

"Why would you even go to one of those parties? You'd be mixing with mudbloods and blood traitors," Draco shivered at the thought of them. "Don't tell me you're becoming a blood traitor, Lia."

"I'm not!" Thalia exclaimed. "I just- it's a party, Dray." That seemed to be enough reasoning for Draco and he didn't respond, only nodding. "Don't wait up."

"I will be waiting up so fuck off," Draco scowled, still caring about Thalia. The brunette let out a dramatic sigh and went over to the couch, where he was sitting. She kissed his cheek and ruffled his hair, causing Draco to smack her hand away.

"I'm serious, don't wait up," Thalia warned. She left the common room and glumly looked at the moving stairs for a few seconds before forcing herself to climb them.

Thalia and Neville had become friends and he'd invited her to a Gryffindor party because he's always wanted to go to them because they sound so fun but he couldn't go by himself. When he went with his roommates, they normally ditched him after a few minutes. It was unintentional, of course, but it didn't make the situation any better.

Thalia finally reached the Gryffindor common room and the door was already open because other houses were invited as well. No one even noticed her entrance and the brunette searched around for Neville.

She finally found him in the corner of the room and he was talking to a girl while nervously glancing around. Neville met her eyes and he shot Thalia a hesitant smile. He excused himself and made his way over to Thalia. "Did you see that? A girl was talking to me!" he said happily.

"That's great, Neville!" Thalia encouraged. "Now go back! You could have a girlfriend by the end of tonight."

Neville's face went bright red and he started to stutter. "A-a g-girlfriend? No, but I-I couldn't leave you all alone when I asked you to come to this party," Neville reasoned.

"These chances come once a year!" Thalia huffed. "You got this!" 

"No, I really-"

"You got this!" She grabbed Neville's shoulders, spun him around, and pushed him back towards the girl.

-----

Thalia and Harry were sitting on the crimson red couch in the Gryffindor common room as the party was dying down and there were only a few people left. Given, none of them would've talked to each other if they were completely sober.