chapter 23

When Blaise informed Thalia of both Theo and Draco being in the Hospital Wing, Thalia dropped all her things and went to them immediately. 

She entered the Hospital Wing with Blaise hot on her tail and she raced toward the two beds next to each other. "Draco, what were you thinking?" Thalia asked. "Getting into a fight?"

She didn't know all the details but she knew that Draco and Theo got into a fight. Draco's nose had a small bandage over it and his hands were wrapped because his knuckles were seriously injured from punching Harry over and over again.

The boy weakly smiled at Thalia as she ran her hand through his hair soothingly and cupped his face with her other hand. "You should see the other guy," he smirked.

Thalia turned around to look at Theo. He had a black eye and a cut lip, but other than that, he looked perfectly fine. The blonde was sitting on the edge of his bed instead of laying down like Draco and he couldn't keep the crazy grin off his face.

"Theo looks perfectly fine," Thalia huffed.

"Ouch," Theo replied, feigning hurt. "If you haven't noticed, darling, I've got a cut lip. Do you wanna kiss it all better?"

"Don't talk to her that way," Draco snapped. He didn't like anyone with his best friend, even if Theo would be a good suitor for her. "We didn't fight each other, Lia."

"Yeah, it was a tag team," Theo snickered. "I got to beat the shit out of that blood traitor, Weasel. I took his arm," he instructed while holding an imaginary arm in the air, "and I snapped it like a twig. And Draco got to fight Potter." (a/n: funny how hawk from cobra kai literally stuttered while doing that but theo can do it, no problem) 

"I knocked Scarhead right in the jaw," Draco bragged. "Swiped him under his feet and he fell down. His face was covered in blood and bruises, it was glorious."

"And let's not forget Blaise," Theo said, motioning towards his friend. "He got to play commentator and referee."

"A bit of a biased referee but hey, he's on our side so I'm not complaining," Draco smirked. 

"What did they ever do to you?" Thalia asked in shock. "I know they're Gryffindors but this is a bit extreme, don't you think?" Worry was shown all across her face, for all four boys, Gryffindor and Slytherin.

Draco's smile faded and his glare hardened as he stared into Thalia's bright eyes. "We're not idiots, Lia." Draco paused for a moment and Theo scratched the back of his neck while Thalia frowned, still not knowing what he was talking about. 

"You've been snogging the Dark Lord's bitch," Draco concluded.

Thalia's face paled the same way Harry's had before he fought Draco. Her hands froze and she pulled away from Draco, taking a few steps back. Thalia accidentally backed into Theo and Theo grabbed her hand.

"We're not mad," Theo said comfortingly. He knew that Thalia would be a bit sad to part with Harry but he still wanted to have Thalia for himself, and a way to do that would be to comfort her through the break-up. "We just... don't understand."

"Are you trying to piss off your parents or something?" Draco asked. He still didn't understand what Thalia saw in Harry. The guy had a bloody lightning scar, he's legally blind, he has no parents, he's a half-blood, he's a Gryffindor- the list just goes on forever. "Because then we would understand. But why are you off snogging Potter?"

"Because I fancy him," Thalia answered honestly. She assumed that her peers would be mad when they found out but she didn't understand why they were questioning her. "I really do fancy him and that's what you do with people you fancy, right?"