chapter 35

2 months later

Thalia exited the Slytherin common room to see Harry leaning against a corridor, beaming nervously. Most of him was covered by a large 5-foot teddy bear with a pink ribbon tied around its neck. In Harry's right hand was a bouquet of red roses and he shifted his weight between his feet as he waited for a reaction.

Today was Valentine's Day, also known as the most important day of the year to Harry besides Thalia's birthday. This was the anniversary of the start of their relationship, well, not technically. But this was the day when he'd first kissed her, so it was still pretty important to Harry.

Thalia walked towards him and stopped right in front of the teddy bear. Harry didn't even give her a millisecond to react before he let out a small sigh. "I've done it again, haven't I?" Harry asked. "I've gotten you a terrible Valentine's gift. Again!"

"Wait, I-"

"I'm the worst boyfriend ever. Hold this," Harry demanded, shoving the bouquet into her hand. "Watch Harry Jr. for me-"

"You named the bear?" Thalia cut in.

"Yes, I named it. I got it too early and- and it was sitting in my dorm so I got attached and named it. Watch Harry Jr. and I'll be back," Harry instructed. "I left a few boxes of chocolates in my dorm as backup in case you didn't like this gift so I will go get those and you stay here-"

"Wait, Harry," Thalia laughed. "Don't go. I love this gift, thank you."

Relief washed over Harry's face and he grinned widely. "Thank God, because I only had six backup chocolate boxes-"

"Harry," Thalia giggled. "Stop worrying. I love anything you give me."

She wrapped her arms around Harry's neck and kissed him softly, both of them smiling into the kiss. Eventually, the smiling became too much for them and neither of them could kiss properly so they pulled away.

"How long have you been here?" she asked.

"Not a long time. I knew you normally leave the common room at 8 but sometimes your schedules vary, so I was here since 5," Harry answered. "And right now, it is 8:03. So I'd say a few hours."

Thalia pecked Harry's lips lightly. "You're the best, Harry," she giggled. "Now help me lug Harry Jr. to my dorm."

As told, Harry heaved the giant teddy bear onto his back and followed Thalia up the stairs to the girls dorm. Normally, the stairs would throw him off but Thalia was also standing on the stairs so they froze under him.

Harry placed Harry Jr. on Thalia's bed and Thalia kissed him again. "I got you something too," the brunette announced.

"You didn't have to get me anything," Harry sighed. "I'm supposed to be getting you things, not the other way around-"

"Hush."

The Gryffindor pursed his lips together to prevent himself from speaking and Thalia revealed a large teddy bear from behind her bed. It wasn't as large as Harry Junior but it was still pretty large and it had a nice ribbon tie on its neck.

"This is Thalia Junior."

Thalia shoved the teddy bear into Harry's arms and he smiled widely. "Great minds think alike," he said. "I like it. A lot. Thanks."

Harry lugged around that teddy bear the entire day, despite Thalia's pleas, so everyone knew that he'd received a gift that he loved.

-----

"I'm going patrolling on the seventh floor," Thalia announced. Blaise jumped off the couch and walked towards her as calmly as he could.

"I will go with you," he offered smoothly. Draco nodded, not really caring, and the two walked to the seventh floor together. "Thank you. For not telling anyone about Luna."