chapter 34

"It's like... there are these blanks in my mind," Thalia explained. It was two weeks since she first discovered the Room of Requirements and she kept finding them everyday, only for her memory to be erased every day. Unfortunately, Thalia didn't know this. 

"I keep remembering myself walking around, and then the next thing I know, I wake up on the floor," Thalia continued, "and I want to say that I just passed out. But I'm waking up in different places than where I remembered I was."

"Okay," Blaise said slowly, trying to understand what she was implying. "What time was it?"

"Well, I'd go on patrol at 4 and I walk around for maybe 20 minutes. But then when I wake up, it's almost 5," the brunette said with a frown. "And I've gone to Madame Pomfrey. There's nothing wrong with me."

"You patrol alone, right?" Draco asked.

"Yeah."

"So, one of us could patrol with you, so we could see what's happening," Draco suggested. They still couldn't catch Dumbledore's Army and they couldn't figure out why. "Theo will go with you."

"Okay, we could do that," Thalia agreed. The clock struck 4, telling the Inquisitorial Squad that it was time to go. 

-----

"We are not going to erase her memory today," Harry fretted. "She's got too many blanks in her mind, she's bound to find out. And besides, she's my girlfriend. I don't feel okay doing this every time."

"I think the only reason she's finding this room is because she wants to see you, not because she wants to know about our Army," Ron said. "If we take you out of this room, she'll never find it."

"But I'm the leader," Harry replied, not wanting to leave his group of comrades. 

"We're just practicing our Patronus today and everyone's already learned the spell, so we could lead without you," Hermione added. "Just for today."

"Yeah, okay," the bespectacled boy nodded. "That could work." He looked around the Room of Requirements and everyone would be too caught up in practicing their Patronus to even notice his absence. "I should go find her then."

Hermione nodded knowingly and Harry left the large room. He knew that Thalia patrolled this entire floor so he'd just follow the sound of distant footsteps. 

Harry heard the sound of Thalia's laughter and he jogged around the hallways, trying to get to her as quickly as possible. They barely had any time together and now he had a whole two hours to spend with her.

He slowed down to a walk instead of a jog as he rounded the corner and saw Theo laughing along with Thalia. Thalia seemed to notice Harry as he drew closer and she smiled. "Hey, I thought you were busy today," Thalia greeted, pecking his lips lightly.

"Yeah, I cleared up my schedule," Harry answered while glaring at Theo. The blonde Slytherin clenched his jaw and stood up straighter in front of his competition. "Wanna go to the kitchens?"

"She can't," Theo said before Thalia could even respond. "We're patrolling right now. In case you haven't noticed, we're part of the Inquisitorial Squad."

"Right, well I'm pretty sure there's nothing interesting happening for the next two hours, so she can just finish patrolling early," Harry replied. "And you're here patrolling so you'll be fine on your own."

"As much as I love patrolling by myself," Theo shot back sarcastically, "Draco's asked me to make sure Lia doesn't leave my sight, so I don't plan on having guys like you taking her away and getting me into unnecessary trouble." 

"Guys like me?" the bespectacled boy scoffed. "I'm her boyfriend, she'll be fine." The two glared at each other and sized each other up. 

Thalia awkwardly looked between the two of them. "Well, if Harry and I are going to the kitchens, you can come too, Theo," Thalia offered.

"No way!" Harry exclaimed. "This is Thalia and Harry time, not Thalia and Harry and Theo time."

"Originally, it was Thalia and Theo time," the blonde corrected, "and it would've still been Thalia and Theo time if you hadn't showed up. Why don't you go back to your little group of delinquents and Thalia and I will go back to giving Hufflepuffs detention because we can."

"I will do no such thing!" Harry refused. "Why don't you go back to your evil gang of Slytherins and Thalia and I will go to the kitchens."

"All right, well, you two can continue with your little spat," Thalia cut in, "and I will go to the kitchens by myself because I want ice cream." Thalia walked down the moving staircases gracefully.

Harry glanced at Theo before sprinting after his girlfriend and Theo chased after him. Theo grabbed the back of Harry's sweater and pulled him backwards, only for Harry to stick his foot out and trip Theo.

They fought back and forth while chasing after Thalia, and Harry eventually got into the lead. 

The Gryffindor ran forward and intertwined his hand with Thalia's, sending his girlfriend a nice cheeky smile. Theo appeared on the other side of Thalia and Harry scowled as the Slytherin wrapped his arm around Thalia's shoulders.

"Lia, you think I'm better than Potter, right?"

"Love, you think I'm better than Nott, right?"

-----

Blaise strolled into his dorm and Theo immediately sat upright. "Nope, nope, nope," Theo refused, pointing towards Blaise. "What's with the creepy smile? It's not creepy but the fact that you're smiling is the creepy part."

"Can't I just smile?" Blaise asked, sitting on his bed. "I smile all the time." Draco's eyes narrowed at his friend and he snapped his fingers to help think.

"No, you don't. That's so weird. Seeing you smile. That's a creepy smile," Draco determined. "What did you do this time, you little weirdo?"

"Did you snog a girl?" Thalia teased giddily. She sat next to Draco on his bed and Blaise smiled even wider at the sound of the word 'girl'. Thalia clapped her hands happily. "Blaise is in love! Our best friend is so in love!"

"I'm not in love and I didn't snog a girl," Blaise informed, "but I met a girl. She's lovely. I ran into her by accident and I helped her find her shoes."

"Her shoes?" Draco repeated in confusion.

"Oh no," Theo realized aloud. "No, no, no, no. Blaise, you're not talking about Looney, are you?"

Blaise's smile fell at the horrible nickname. "No, of course not," Blaise said, shaking his head multiple times. "No. Luna- I mean, Looney's not my type. A bit weird if you ask me. And she's a Ravenclaw so I- it just- it wouldn't work anyways."

"Good," Theo nodded, laughing. "I don't know what we would do if you fancied Looney Lovegood."

"Oh come on," Thalia huffed. "I think Lovegood's nice. A bit of a weirdo but she's pretty."

"No," Theo chuckled, "she's not."

"Who's the girl?" Draco asked, bringing the attention back to Blaise.

Blaise's face heated up. "That's a secret," he answered blankly. 

"Ohh, mystery girl," Thalia commented, giggling. "Even better. Do you wanna tell us about her? You don't have to tell us her name, you could just describe her or how you feel about her."

Blaise's eyes darted from Thalia to Theo and Draco. He didn't want Draco and Theo finding out because he had no idea what they would do if they found out that he fancied someone like Luna Lovegood.

Normally, he dealt with the feelings by himself like he normally did but this time, he felt like he had to tell someone. "Uh, I'll tell you later," Blaise mumbled to Thalia.

Thalia didn't push and she smiled kindly.