7. Tell Me Why

It had been a week since Eda started working at Art Life and she was totally immersed in her new job. She loved everything about it - the energy, the creativity, her colleagues, her boss Engin, all of it. She felt like she could not be happier professionally. Engin was a great mentor, super easy to work with, and very open to her ideas. He had even started giving her more of the responsibilities, allowing her to incorporate some of the ideas from her thesis.

She had put her dating life on hold till she settled into work, which was just as well. The doctor disappeared on her once she responded to him saying that she was starting  new job and needed a little time. All the new matches that came in were not even worthy of of Serkan's input.

Speaking of Serkan, she saw him in passing every day, and she realized that he was a different person at work. More like the young boy she remembered from her youth. Serious, but focused and driven, and always thinking on his feet. Everyone seemed to trust his judgement and sought his approval. And he was always honest, sometimes brutally so, but never without suggestions for ways to improve.

So far she had not needed to work with him directly. But today Engin wanted to meet with him to get him up to speed about the progress they had made.

She headed to the conference room. Serkan was there already, prepared as always. Engin said he would join them in a few minutes. It was the first time she had been alone with Serkan in a while. They exchanged some small talk and he asked her if she was settling in okay and she assured him that she was.

"So," he asked, "how did the date with the doctor go?"

"He ghosted me. Can you believe it?" she said, sounding affronted.

Serkans brows knit in confusion, "He died?" he asked alarmed. "I mean that's hardly his fault, yeah?"

Eda burst out laughing. Of course he wouldn't be up to date on the dating lingo! "No, no, that's not what it means. It means he disappeared on me. Never heard back from him after I replied."

"I'm sorry," he said, not sounding remotely sorry.

She waved it away as nothing and he went back to looking at his laptop. 

Her OkCupid app pinged, and while she didn't usually check these things during work, it looked like she had a few minutes to kill. She opened up the the app, and let out a surprised gasp.

Serkan looked up from his laptop concerned.

Eda pointed to her phone, "It's the doctor. He asked if we could meet. So strange! We were just talking about him. He'll definitely have a long life," she declared.

"At least he has that going for him," Serkan muttered under his breath. "So, are you going to meet him?"

Eda typed as she replied. "I might as well, right? That's why I created an account. I'll meet him after work."

The rest of the day flew by in a hectic blur like always. Eda asked the guy, Faruk, to meet her at the cafe across from the office. It felt like safe ground. She hadn't fully forgiven him for going quiet on her for so long and she didn't want to make any more of an effort than was needed.

She freshened up a bit after work and then headed for the cafe. He was waiting for her there and they made their introductions.

"I already ordered some appetizers and a drink for you," he said, once she settled into her seat.

Eda tried to hide her surprise. She liked to do her own ordering, thank you very much. It was somewhat presumptuous of him to assume he would know what she wanted.

They talked for a bit, mostly it was just Faruk talking and Eda nodding. He seemed rather boastful of the fact that he was a doctor. "One of the world's best professions!", he declared.

The Thing About Love -SenÇalKalpımı‬ EdSer Story (complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें