11. Look At The Stars

....See how they shine for you

--------------

Serkan helded Asli by the shoulders and pushed her back. "I thought you wanted closure," he said angrily. "Let me give it to you. I don't love you, Asli. We are never getting back together."

He stormed out of the room looking for Eda. His mom was waiting just outside in the hallway and he wondered how much she had heard. "Where's Eda?" he asked her.

"What are you doing Serkan," Aydan admonished. "Whatever the issues are between you and Asli, you can work it out. You are so similar in so many ways."

That was her polite way of saying that they were equals on the social strata, Serkan knew that. "You and Baba were equals, right?" He emphasized the "equals" with quotes. "How did that work out for you?" He asked sarcastically.

Aydan sighed in resignation. "Tamam, you're right. Do what you think is best. I won't interfere anymore."

"I'm going to hold you to that," he replied curtly before rushing out. He scoured the halls quickly and then ran outside, spotting Ceren in the crowd.

"Ceren, did you see Eda?" he asked urgently.

"She texted me that she was leaving. Something came up. Is everything alright, Abi?"

"It's fine," Serkan called sprinting for the exit.

He saw Eda walking purposely towards the gates and he called out her name.

Eda stopped, wondering if she was hearing things. She heard him again, this time right behind her, and she quickly wiped the tears that were threatening to spill over before turning around.

"Serkan!" she said, hoping her voice didn't betray her. "What are you doing here? Why aren't you with Asli? Looks like you made up. I'm so happy for you. I'm very glad you gave her the chance to explain." She was rambling she knew it, but she couldn't stop. She should leave before she said something stupid. "I was just leaving..," she said turning away.

"Eda, wait!" Serkan grabbed her hand.

She turned around startled.

"We didn't make up. We're done." He saw her open her mouth to speak so he added, "Forever"

"But...you kissed her," she said confused, trying to keep her hopes down.

Serkan shook his head vehemently, "She kissed me. And I told her we were over."

"Oh." Eda's face broke out into a smile.

"Yeah." He said smiling back.

"Well, good! Because she's a bit of a bitch." Eda's hand flew to her mouth, oops she'd said the quiet part out loud.

Serkan burst out laughing. Trust Eda to call it like it is. "Come on," he said leading her by the hand he hadn't yet let go.

"Where are we going? Why aren't you going back to the party? Serkan, you don't have to leave with me. For real!"