10. The Dress

Eda's hands settled on the white bodycon dress. She had bought it on a whim while shopping with the girls. She felt flirty and sexy in it, and they had insisted she get it, even though she had no place to wear it - yet. This seemed like the perfect occasion. The goal was to get Asli to believe that she and Serkan were a thing, and isn't that what people did in the early stages of a relationship? Get dolled up for each other? She dismissed the thought that popped in her head about how Serkan would react. No need to go there. But her mind flash-backed to that time he'd helped her with the zipper -whew his hands had lit littles fires on her skin.

-----

His mom inviting Asli to the charity gala was the final straw for Serkan. He decided to move to the apartment the family owned, which is closer to work anyway. He took Sirius his pup with him. He'd missed him dreadfully in London, but his crazy busy work life, the small apartment, and Asli's aversion to dogs had forced him to leave him behind. He regretted it deeply and he wasn't going to repeat that mistake.

Eda said she would meet him at his apartment so they could go to the gala together. She needed to drop something off for one of Hala's client in the vicinity. Serkan had one last business call to make for the day, he left his door slightly ajar so she could walk in when she arrived.

------

Eda pulled the zipper up the side of the dress and looked at herself critically in the mirror - did she need to embellish? Was she going to look like a fish out of water without a few expensive accessories? Nah, she was going to be herself, if Serkan or the hi-society ladies at the gala didn't approve, that was their problem. She rummaged through her closet for the perfect high heeled slingback sandal, put on some light makeup, ran her fingers through her naturally wavy hair, and headed out the door.

-----

Serkan was on the phone talking with the client when he he heard a knock before Eda walked in through the open door. He stopped mid-sentence, his brain in a deep freeze. She looked breathtaking! The robot side of his brain suddenly reminding him that that's where the word came from, because she had literally taken his breath away - he hadn't taken one since she walked through the door.

She smiled, bringing him back to his senses

She smiled, bringing him back to his senses. He hung up on the client abruptly, "Sorry I'm going to have to call you back. Something came up."

"Ready?" she asked.

"Umm yeah." His eyes swept over her, his body reacting instantly, and he was glad he was sitting down. She had never looked so fabulously sexy. The dress fit like a second glove, accentuating every curve and exposing her endlessly long legs. Those legs though, his eyes ran the length of them up her body, pausing at the chain that hung loosely around her neck and disappeared into the valley between those perfectly shaped breasts, up to her full lips, and then to her almond-shaped eyes  - to find her watching him in amusement.

He cleared his throat in embarrassment. "That's a very beautiful dress," he said, his eyes darkening in appreciation.