Say you won't let go

I met you in the dark, you lit me up
You made me feel as though I was enough
We danced the night away, we drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up

"Promise me something, if it comes to-" Lena whispered into the dark room.

"NO" even before Lena finished what she was about to say, the Kryptonian didn't let her finish. She knew what she was about to say and she would never allow her to say it. She had no right to ask her to do exactly what she was going to ask.

"Kar-" she tried again.

"Lena, NO. Don't ask me that. Please. Please don't ask me that. Please, don't" if anyone told you she was the girl of steel you wouldn't believe it at that moment. She was downright vulnerable and seemed so broken.

"But darlin-" another failed attempt.

"No buts Lena. No. How many times do I have to tell you? No. I won't do what you're asking me to do" her voice was of high agitation but at that point, she was sobbing. "You are my everything Lena, I couldn't live in a world where you didn't exist. You are everything that keeps me grounded, my light, my rock. Don't you know that?"

Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told ya
I think that you should get some rest

" I do. Of course, I do. How could I not when you are just everything to me too Kara. So yes, I do"

"If you do, then don't ask me that. Please" the Kryptonian pleaded with her

"Okay. I will never bring it up again" Lena finally put the matter to rest.

That night they both fell asleep in each other's arms, their breaths in sync. Hoping the day after will bring something other than dread.

I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go
I know I needed you
But I never showed
But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

3 months had gone by. 

They had told Alex, Eliza, and everyone they loved dearly and called family. They had been trying to help out as much as they could. Everyone was doing everything they could, whether it's using the connections they had or just trying to find anything they could use. Some were looking into history, maybe there was some sort of loophole and some were looking for scientists that could have any idea what they could do.

But so far, there hadn't been any breakthrough. Fear was spreading like cancer, if there was no solution, losing someone they loved dearly would break the entire family. Most of them wouldn't survive the loss, especially Kara. She was strong but not that strong. She could punch through a block of concrete, but losing her unborn child or the love of her life, she couldn't survive it. 

I'll wake you up with some breakfast in bed
I'll bring you coffee with a kiss on your head
And I'll take the kids to school
Wave them goodbye
And I'll thank my lucky stars for that night

So when Clark called to inform her that the lead he had been following didn't pull through, she was right back where she started. Heartbreaking all over again. Another night going home to tell the mother of her child that there was no hope in finding a solution.