Twenty-four

Y/N sat in the slytherin common room huddled up in a blanket near the fireplace. She had a long day and took a hard fall during quidditch but her injuries weren't bad so Madam Pomfrey relased her from the hospital wing. She was still in pain from the bruising and minor cuts but other than that she felt completely fine. What she really wanted though was her boyfriend Draco Malfoy to be by her side and to comfort her but he was busy with potions and would probably be too tired when he got back.

She sat in silence contemplating on wether or not she wanted to find him or just wait, she didn't want to bother him but she also was too impatient to care. She got up and winced, throwing the blanket back onto the couch and grabbing her wand. She made her way out to the hallway and bit her lip trying to keep her winces at a low level noise so she wouldn't alarm Filch, "lumos!" she waved her wand and a ball of light beamed from the top of it. She searched down the hallways to the potions classroom, peering in and seeing a passed out Draco Malfoy at the desk.

She smiled a bit and walked in waving her wand once again to make the light disappear. She sat in the seat next to him alarming the sleepy boy causing him to sit up and yawn, he widened his eyes in a state of panic "y/n you're hurt! you're supposed to be resting!" he exclaimed. She chuckled "and you're supposed to be studying but i don't see you doing that." she glanced over at the cauldron and books piled up next to it. He rolled his eyes "yours is a lot more serious and i'm more worried about you than anything." he took ahold of her wrist and carressed it with his thumb.

She smiled lightly "Draco your test is more important than anything.. i'll be fine i heal. Bad grades don't." she stated softly. Draco had to admit she had a point but he was still so worried she'd hurt herself more, "y/n you had no idea how panicked i was.. its been sworming my mind the whole time i haven't been able to focus.." he looked up at the brusied girl infront of him. "i saw you fall off of your broom and i stopped breathing. I really thought you had died from the fall y/n." it looked like he was struggling to jerk back tears. His girlfriend stroked his face with her thumb "but i'm okay Draco, i'm right here. Madam Pomfrey says i'm gonna be okay." she smiled and ran her fingers through his hair.

Draco smiled a bit as well now relieved knowing that she was okay "what do you say we go back to the dorm and cuddle? i can finish studying tomorrow its no big deal." he closed the books and stood up taking her by her hands. She nodded and followed him out of the classroom happily.

(i'm so sorry)

That was the last time Draco got to hold his sweet girlfriend. She was killed the next day by Voldermort for trying to protect Harry Potter. Draco had seen it happen right infront of him, y/n was struck with the unforgivable curse flying back into a stone wall and falling limp. Draco ran to her hoping to see some kind of light in her eyes but he was to late, she was limp and cold, killed instantly and there was no hope in bringing her back.

Draco wouldn't forgive himself or Harry Potter for not protecting her. He let it happen and he didn't even get to tell her goodbye or that he loved her properly, even his mother couldn't help bring back the happy Draco that once existed in the manor. Draco found himself at her grave every holiday, anniversary, birthday, you name it.. he couldn't ever miss a day to be at her grave. He'd hate himself even more than he does right now.

He leaves a red rose everytime he visits because those were her favorite flowers. He'd tell her how much he missed her and how much he loved her everytime as well too.