Twenty-one

Draco sat in the living room reading peacefully by the fireplace. You laid sleeping in bed but the peacfuleness didn't last for long, as you were having a nightmare. Nightmares didn't start until you witnessed your closest friend Cedric Diggory and father Sirus black, die in the battle of Hogwarts. You would have constant nightmares of your boyfriend, Draco Malfoy, die infront of you. It was the same re-occuring nightmare almost everynight, you never told him though and always refused to spend the night at his house or have him stay over. Until he basically forced you to because he was clingy and missed you.

It was around 2am when the nightmare started. Voldermort had killed Draco because he betrayed him, Draco collapsed to the ground causing you to scream and run over to him. You held him in your arms as he told you he loved you and before you knew it he took his last breath and died right there. You started crying and screaming "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!" you pulled his limp body to your chest and cried harder. You quickly sat up, out of breath and tears streaming down your face but you couldn't stop crying, you knew he was okay but something else told you he wasn't. Your worst fear was losing him, the only person who kept you alive and loved you with all of his heart.

You saw Draco swing the door open and his face dropping to a frown as soon as he looked at you. He walked over to you "darling its okay, i'm here." he hugged you, you stopped crying for a moment and buried your face into his chest "y-you know?" you muttered as he kissed the top of your head. Draco nodded slightly "yes y/n, i know." he hugged you tighter "but i'm right here, i'm alive and real. Those nightmares are not." he tried his best to reassure you. You held onto him tightly taking deep breaths "please don't ever put yourself into a situation that could result it me losing you.." his heart broke as your voice cracked on the last word.

He laid down on the bed bringing you down with him "I promise that will never happen, you won't ever lose me."