49

This chapter is focused mainly on Oliver and Aurora, so if you don't wanna read things like this, feel free to skip this chapter :)

But there is a cute moment between Michonne and Aurora at the end of the chapter 🥰

~Aurora's pov~

"Do you think we'll get in trouble if someone walked in on us here?" Oliver asked. "It's an empty house, No one's gonna come." I said. He sighed through his nose as I cuddled up with him, getting more comfortable. (gif above) He put his hand on my head and sort of massaged it with his fingers. I smiled and so did he. "This is nice.." He said, looking up at the ceiling. "Yeah.." I said closing my eyes. "But we need to get back to the rest soon, my dad freaked out yesterday because he lost sight of Carl and Judith.." I said opening my eyes. I looked at the window. It was windy today, I was able to see the branches of some trees moving.

"Your dad knows we're together.. He knows we can take care of ourselves." He said taking his hand off my head then putting it on my back. "Yeah.." I said as he started rubbing my back. I looked at him and leaned up slightly to kiss him. He kissed me back and put his hand on my cheek, We pulled away and looked at each other. He smiled and so did I. I laid back down on his chest and Beth suddenly creeped in my mind.

"... Beth would've liked it here.." I said, He didn't say anything for a few seconds but I was able to hear his heart skip a beat. I got off of him and sat up, looking down at him. He looked up at me and nodded after a few seconds. "Yeah.." He whispered and looked at the ceiling, avoiding my eyes. I reached out and ran my hand through his hair, he furrowed his eyebrows slightly and closed his eyes. "I'm sorry.." I ran my hand through his hair again and he relaxed. "It's alright.." he said softly, his voice shook slightly and he cleared his throat.

"I just haven't- thought.." He stopped talking, struggling to form a sentence. "Look at me," I put a hand on his chest and he opened his eyes, sighing through his nose again. "It's okay.." I said moving my thumb slightly. He nodded and put his hand on top of mine. It hasn't been that long since we lost her, it feels long but it hasn't. It hasn't even been 3 months. "I know, I just miss 'er." He nodded, his eyes were slightly glossed over. "But yeah, you're right, she would've liked it here.." He said sighing again. "Have you and Maggie talked about her recently?" I asked. "Not recently but we have talked. I don't wanna see her cry, so I don't bring it up.." He said, I nodded. "You can talk to me if you ever want to, You know i'm here." I said playing with his hair. He nodded.

"I know, I got my Sleeping Beauty to talk to." He said smiling. "Stop.." I smiled slightly. "Or would you prefer me call you Princess Aurora.?" He asked, "Stop!" I blushed and covered my face falling over and laying down next to him, but I turned around so my back was facing him. He laughed and turned around hugging me from behind, "Or just Princess?" He asked. "That's worse! Stop." I laughed keeping my face covered. He laughed pulling me against him and kissing my neck.

"None of the above." I said, "Uncover your face and let me know what I should call you then." He said smiling. "No, I'm still blushing," I said laughing. He laughed against me and kissed my shoulder. "Fine, babe." He said. "I can handle that." I said feeling myself slowly calm down. He smiled. "Alright." He chuckled. I uncovered my face and hugged him again, He hugged me back. "I shouldn't have said anything," I said. I didn't like to see him upset, "It's alright." He said, I nodded and sighed. "Have you thought about your mom?" He asked.

I paused for a second. "Sometimes," I said and pushed myself away from him slightly, He turned and laid down on his side, I did the same. "I heard my dad talking about her, then I remembered." I said nodding slightly and smiled remembering the car rides. Carl was little, I don't know if he remembers. "We used to ride around neighborhoods like these, fantasizing about moving in one day." I smiled a bit, "We stopped after a while but I still remember those car rides." I said. He nodded, "The little things huh?" He asked sitting up. I nodded laying on my back looking up at him.

He smiled at me, "We should get going now, we have a party to get to later remember?" He asked scooting to the edge of the bed. "I don't wanna go." I said as he put on his shoes. I kept looking at him. "I don't either but I already Mag is gonna drag me. I'll drag you to it too if your dad won't." He said.

~Later on that same night~

There was a knock on my door and I looked over to see Michonne, "Hey," I said as I continued to brush my hair. "You ready?" She asked. I shrugged, "Yeah, I guess." I said as she walked in my room. "That doesn't sound very confident." She said with a small laugh. "I don't know what to do with my hair.." I said laughing a little too. "Do you want me to braid it?" She asked. I looked over to her, she stood behind me and gathered my hair up, running her fingers through it, "Do you still want it down or up?" She asked. "Um.. down," I said after taking a second to think about it.

Last time anyone messed around with my hair was my mom back at the camp in Atlanta, It felt weird.. "Alright, I'll see what I can do." She said and pulled out the chair at the corner of the room. "Sit," she said grabbing some things. I sat down and she started braiding my hair.

For some reason I felt chills, but I felt relaxed too. I closed my eyes and started thinking of my mom, and having that talk with Oliver earlier, the thought of her was fresh in my mind. I haven't thought about her in a really long time..

"Are you okay?" She asked looking at me through the mirror. I licked my lips slightly and a tear fell. I wiped it away but kept my hand on my cheek, She let go of my hair and I completely covered my face suddenly feeling overwhelmed by the thought of her. "What's wrong?" She asked standing beside me, She bent down and put her hand on my arm, rubbing it, trying to comfort me. "I miss my mom.." I cried. She stayed silent for a second just looking at me, not knowing exactly what to say or do. I just remember my mom doing my hair for my birthdays, school dances, sometimes helping me put my hair up for soccer games.

I felt her wrap her arms around me and she held me, holding me. I hugged her back, "We can stop if you want to, We don't have to do your hair." She said as I started to calm down. "No- No I'm okay. It's okay. I'm sorry." I said as we pulled away. I pushed some hair out of my face and wiped my tears. "Don't be sorry, You don't have to be sorry." She said looking up at me. I shook my head sniffling a bit and sighing. "Um.." I heard a voice, I looked over and saw Carl looking at me slightly concerned. I looked away quickly. "We're ready.. Did you want to meet up over there?" Carl asked. "Do you still wanna go?" Michonne asked, I kept looking at my lap not wanting to look at Carl. I nodded, "Yeah." I said. She looked at Carl. "We'll be there," Michonne said. There was a pause, I felt Carl's gaze, it was burning.

"Rory.." He said, "I'm okay," I said looking over at him. He kept his eyes on me and nodded after a second. "Okay," He said, I nodded too. "I'll see you there." I said. He nodded one more time then looked at Michonne who gave him an approving nod. He looked back at me again, "Okay.." He said and walked away, leaving the house with my dad. I nodded and wiped my eyes again, "Okay." I said and looked up, sighing. "You wanna keep going?" She asked unsure, I nodded. "Yeah." I said looking at her, She nodded, "Okay," She said softly and got back up. She started doing my hair again.

Word Count:1453

A/N: I know this last part was unoriginal, It just came out because I remembered when Jessie was giving Rick a haircut and he got emotional too. But since Oliver brought up Lori, this scene just came out, hope you don't mind :)

 But since Oliver brought up Lori, this scene just came out, hope you don't mind :)