18

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."
-Isaac Asimov

Mood ^

Trigger Warning?

I'm not sure if this would be triggering to some people, but it's better to be safe than sorry. The last thing i want is to trigger people so here's the warning.

Things get a bit physical.

~Aurora's Pov~

We had Dale's funeral earlier. Since it was starting to get cold, we were moving into the house. I was cleaning up a few more things left behind at the campsite, the rest were setting up inside. "Aurora." I heard Shane's voice. I sighed through my nose and rolled my eyes. "What do you want Shane?" I asked, already getting annoyed just by the sound of his voice. "We need to talk." He said, I heard his footsteps getting closer. I shook my head and put the things down on the floor. "No. Talk to mom. Don't talk to me. I don't wanna hear it." I said and started walking away from him. "Aurora would you just listen to me- stop!" he called out. I kept walking away, not wanting to talk to him at all. He caught up to me, putting his hand on my arm.

I turned around and slapped him across the face then smacked his arm away from me. "Don't touch me!" I snapped at him. He looked at me shocked, taken back by the slap. "How many times do I have to repeat myself?! Are you deaf?" I asked pointing at my temple, getting angry at the fact he wasn't leaving me alone. "Leave me the hell alone Shane." I said angrily.

"Get back to the house before I drag you there myself." He said not taking his eyes off me. "I don't have to listen to you." I said trying to walk away from him again. "Aurora-" He said, putting his hand on my shoulder again. I smacked his arm away from me for the second time. "Leave me alone." I repeated turning around. "Hey!" He said harshly and grabbed my arm spinning me around to face him. "Stop!" I said, almost yelling. "Why can't you take a hint?! You're not my dad. You're not a father figure to me and you never will be. So stop acting like you are. Stop bossing me around. Stop bossing Carl around. You're not our dad." I said.

I saw his eyes flicker slightly. "Get back to the house, I'm not repeating myself again Aurora." He said getting angry. "Fuck off." I said and turned around. He walked forward and grabbed my arm trying to pull me back to camp. "Let go-'' I said putting my hand on his wrist trying to pull away. "Shane let me go-!" I said pulling back. He held my arm tighter causing me to gasp and wince feeling the pressure. "Ah- Shane you're hurting me." I said trying to pull my arm away from him.

He grabbed both my arms and pulled me into him slightly, looked down at me. "Drop the act.!" he said harshly. My heart started racing and stopped fighting him, scared. "You need to drop it. You can't go around acting like you'll hate me forever. When are you gonna get it through your head that i'm the one who saved you huh!?" he said harshly. I couldn't move, my eyes were locked with his. My vision slowly started to become blurry with some tears. "That wasn't your dad, it was me. Since the beginning it's always been me. It'll always be me." he said.

"Hell's goin' on here?"

Shane let me go as soon as he heard the voice. I backed away but I fell back, falling on my butt. I backed away quickly from him. Shane looked at me again but the person stood completely in front of me, blocking me from Shane's view. I saw anger wings on a vest, It was Daryl. "Back the hell up." He said standing a few inches away from Shane.

He rubbed the back of his head and walked away quickly. I swallowed the lump in my throat watching him walk away from us, he didn't turn back once. Daryl looked back at me. ".. You alright?" he asked after a second. I looked over to him with glossy eyes and nodded hesitantly, trying to calm myself down. I've never really talked to him or Merle when he was around now that I think about it.

Shane's never grabbed me the way he did, he's never hurt me before. I licked my lips and looked at Shane as he continued to walk away from us angrily. Daryl walked over to me and held his hand out towards me. "Cmon.." he said softly. I reached out and held his hand, he pulled me up off the ground. I dusted myself off, "Thank you.." I said looking over at him. He nodded slightly looking at me as I hugged myself. He looked at my arms, "What the hell was that about..?" he asked looking over to me.

"I c-" I stopped talking, choking on my words. I swallowed the lump in my throat, he looked back at me but I kept watching Shane as he continued to walk away. "I caught him and my mom kissing the day my dad came back. And now she's pregnant and I know it's Shane's and not my dads and now he won't leave me alone." I said. He kept looking at me, reading me. "He ain't ever grab you like that before huh?" he asked. I shook my head a bit.

I felt his hand on my arm, I tensed up under his touch and looked over to him. "Relax. Let me see.." he said looking at me. I held my arm out slightly and he checked it. "That's gonna be a bitch to hide." he said looking at my other arm. "Good thing it's getting' cold. You bruise easy huh? You're white as hell." he said, lighting up my mood. I giggled at his comment and wiped under my eyes with my free hand. No tears fell but I had the urge to do it. He smiled the slightest bit, I almost couldn't see it. "Yeah I do.." I said as he looked at me, letting me go. "He's been on you since Atlanta?" he asked. I nodded a bit and hugged myself again, looking at him.

"You tell anyone he's been givin' ya problems? Your mom? Old man?" he asked. I shook my head a bit. "He keeps harassin' you like that you gotta tell Rick. This is the last thing you want. It goes to shit after it gets physical." he said. I kept looking at him, "What if it gets worse?" I asked. He shook his head, "Nah. I won't let it. If he gets physical on you again or gives you more problems, come to me if you don't wanna go to your old man alright?" he asked.

He's the definition of don't judge a book by it's cover.

I nodded a bit looking at him. "Thank you.." I said softly. He nodded the slightest, biting the inside of his cheeks. "Mhm.." he said and looked at the floor for a second then back at me. "Head back to the house, It's gettin' cold." He said and turned around to check on Shane. He wasn't going to the house, he was walking in another direction. "Please don't tell my dad.." He looked back at me, My dad and Daryl have been getting closer. He's been helping him out a lot. Dark was the one who pulled the trigger on Dale since my dad couldn't do it.

He shook his head slightly. "Nah, I won't. Ain't my place to tell.." he said. "Thanks.." I repeated. He nodded, "Yeah.." He said looking at my arms again. "Get inside. I gotta take care of somethin'." He said. I walked away from him and headed to the house.

Word Count: 1275

A/N: Let the Daryl and Aurora bonding beginnn, i'm so excited for their friendship 🥺💓