3

"Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you."
-Misty Copeland

~Aurora's Pov~

I gasped slightly as I woke up. I furrowed my eyebrows feeling my eyes wet. I wiped under my eyes only to feel tears. I looked over to see the tent was empty causing me to cry at the thought of my dad not being here. Neither Carl or my mom were here either, it was just me in the tent. I caught my breath crying a bit harder because of the dream I just had. I closed my eyes as more tears fell, I covered my mouth not wanting people to hear me cry. "Hey- hey. Hey." I heard a voice. I looked over quickly to see my dad coming into the tent, I got up quickly and hugged him. "Hey." He said hugging me back without hesitation. He held me close to him. "Aurora," He said confused, but he still held me. "I thought i was dreaming." I cried into his chest. He rubbed my back a bit. "About what?" he asked. "I thought you weren't here." I cried. He shook his head. "Oh sweetheart." he said softly, putting a hand on the back of my head. "I'm here. I'm not leaving you again." He said.

"I love you so much." I said, slowly starting to calm down in his arms. "I love you too." He said and we pulled away, he put his hands on my cheeks. He wiped my tears away and looked slightly down at me, smiling. "You alright?" he asked. I nodded the slightest sniffling. I started thinking about what I saw yesterday. Should I tell him about mom and Shane or should I wait for mom to tell him herself? He put his hands on my shoulder. "Get dressed, let's get you some water alright?" he asked with a comforting smile. "Okay." i said softly, brushing the thought out of my mind.

He was gonna be crushed when he found out about mom and Shane..

"Alright, i'll wait for you outside." he said and pulled away. I got dressed and wiped under my eyes. I stepped out of the tent where I was met by my dad. We headed to the main area of the camp and I got some water. "Rory are you okay!?" Carl asked coming to me quickly. Mom and Shane looked over to me. "She just had a rough start that's all, she's alright." Dad said putting a hand on the back of my head. I looked at Carl and drank some water. Mom walked up to us, before she could reach me I walked away from them quickly.

Carl ran and caught up to me. "Are you okay?" he repeated walking by my side. I sat down at a bench and put the cup down beside me, He sat down next to me. "Yeah," I said. "You don't have to be sad anymore. He's here now." he said. I smiled softly and wrapped my arm around him. I pulled him into me and kissed his head. "I know." i said and let him go. I sighed a bit, "How about you? You happy we're together again?" I asked. He nodded, swinging his legs slightly while he looked at the dirt. "Yeah. And I'm happy. And I'm happy you're happy now too. We're a family again." He said looking at me. I smiled at him again, He smiled too. "But are you okay right? Really?" he asked. "I'm okay." I repeated. He nodded, "Okay, I'm gonna go back. I was playing with Sophia." He said. "Alright go." I said. He got up and went back to Sophia, I stayed sitting at the bench with my cup of water.

"Hey.." I looked over to see Glenn. "Hi." I said, I haven't really spoken to him a lot but he was a really nice guy. "You alright.?" He asked. I nodded, "Yeah I'm okay. The dream I had just messed with my head. I'm fine. Thank you." I said. "Nightmare?" he asked and sat next to me. "No, I just thought my dad finding us was a dream." I said. He nodded a bit. "He's here. You don't have to worry about things like that anymore. I'd do anything to have my family together like yours." He said. I looked at him again, "I'm sorry." I said. "It's okay, you're young.. You need your family more than us right now. Kids need their parents." He said. "I'm 15. I'm not a kid," I said narrowing my eyes playfully at him for a second causing him to smile. "Fine, Kids and teens need their parents right now. Better?" He asked. I giggled at him and he chuckled.

"Yeah okay.." I said smiling. He smiled at me too and looked over. "They're stripping my car," he said shaking his head. "It's a cool car. I like it." I said looking over at the red Challenger he drove up here with yesterday. "Yeah I just wish I could have driven it for a few more days you know?" he asked. I nodded, "Yeah, I'm sorry." I said. "Me too, I've always wanted a car like that." He said. "Maybe we'll come across another one soon." I said shrugging. "Maybe." He said. We heard a car coming up the dirt road, I looked over to see Shane. "Water's here y'all! Just a reminder to boil before use." He said shutting off his jeep and coming out. He looked at me and I crossed my arms leaning back against the table, giving him a 'what are you looking at' stare. He looked over at my mom, I looked over to her to see dad standing with her while she hung up wet clothes to dry.

She looked over at me then back to my dad. I looked back to Glenn who was already looking at me. "Should I even ask..?" he asked, I shrugged slightly, "Just some family drama." I said. "Oh.." he said softly and got up. "I'm gonna go uh.. To the car." He said. I giggled a bit and nodded noticing he got a little uncomfortable with the looks exchanged between mom, Shane and myself. "Yeah." He said and walked away from me. I watched him as he walked away, i still didn't know if i should tell my dad about Shane and mom. A scream filled the camp pulling me away from my thoughts again. "Mom!" "Mama!" I heard Carl and Sophia's screams. I got up quickly and ran towards the direction of the screams. "Rory! Dad!"

"Mommy!" The screams called out.

"Carl! Baby!" Mom called out as we all ran towards them. "Mom!" he called out once he saw us. He had this terrified look all over his face, "I got him- I got him." Mom said as we reached Sophia and Carl. She hugged Carl and held him close to her. "Nothing bit you?! Nothing scratched you?!" She asked "No." Carl said hugging her too. "Okay. You're alright." She said holding him. I looked over to see a walker eating a deer. Everyone started beating the walker down until eventually Dale cut it's head off. I furrowed my eyebrows grossed out by the sight. This was the first time I've seen a walker this far up the mountains.

Word Count: 1208

Ugh i love you guys sooo much, thank you for your support

Ugh i love you guys sooo much, thank you for your support. 🥺❤️