37

🦋

~Aurora's Pov~

"Alright, I'm gonna go on watch now." I said getting my machete which I had rested against the wall. Beth nodded, "Alright," She said as she held Judith, she was sitting on Beth's lap. "Bye," I said kissing Judith's hand then stood up. I walked by the people making my way out of the room. I walked down the halls until I found Carl leaning against the wall, twisting in his hand, leaning against the wall. "Hey," I said. He looked over and stopped leaning against the wall. "Hey," he said, tossing the twig on the floor. "Go, I'll take over now." I said. He nodded and walked away from me, heaving back to the room.

"Rory I uh-" He said gaining my attention again. I turned around to face him, "I went out with Hershel. He wanted to get some berries to make some tea or something. To  help out.. Nothing happened." He said. "Why didn't you tell me? I could've gone," I said looking at him. He shook his head, "I had no time. He would've gone out there alone. I couldn't let that happen." He said. I nodded a bit and sighed. "Alright," I said. He nodded went back to the room.

~Couple hours later~

I've been sitting out here with Carl. We were going to switch shifts a while ago but we just ended up staying here in the hall, talking.

I winced, cutting my finger with my knife. "Fuck." I said under my breath, watching a few drops of blood coming out of the cut on my finger. It wasn't deep but some blood came out of it. "I told you." Carl said, recalling how he told me I was gonna cut myself if I kept carving the twig. I sucked on my finger, He stood up and walked over to me. He was sitting across from me, leaning against the wall just like I was. "What are you even doing?" he asked grabbing the small arrow I was carving out of the twig.

"Why an arrow?" He asked. I shrugged as I stopped sucking on my finger, I looked at it. "I don't know. I was just thinking. Daryl said he was gonna teach me how to use his bow." I said looking at it, I held my hand out and he handed me the arrow. "Do you want me to get you a band aid?" He asked, I shook my head. "It's fine, it's not deep." I said looking at it. "Yeah but it can still get infected. I'm gonna go get you one." He said back inside looking for a bandage for me. I grabbed my knife again and started carving again, slower this time. I hope Daryl and the rest were okay and they found the medicine we needed to help the sick.

Carl came back after a few minutes, "Here, Beth said she needs help with Judith. I'll take watch now." He said handing me the band aid. I took it and he held his hand out towards me. I grabbed it and he helped me up. "Wash your hands." He said.

"Who are you my dad?" I asked. "Just wash your freaking hand Rory." He said smiling at me. "Alright.." I laughed. He laughed a little too as I grabbed my things and headed back to the rest.

~~~

It was dark out now, We started hearing gunfire go off causing everyone to panic and ask questions. "I'm gonna go check it out." I said getting up. "Everyone stay here. Don't come out for nothing. Back away from the door." I said, everyone stood up and went to the back of the room. I walked out of the room quickly, "Carl!" I called out not seeing him here. "Cmon-" I pleaded, feeling my heart race. The gunfire continued, it sounded like multiple guns going off. "Carl where are you!" I called out and started running down the halls, worrying. I ran out of the building and went towards the gunfire to see Carl and dad shooting down walkers. The fence finally gave in after so many walkers pushed up against it.

I ran over to them and killed one that was getting too close to my dad, he was distracted, looking at Carl shooting down walkers. I pulled out my machete and drove it through the walker's head, surprising my dad. He looked over as I pulled it out of the walker's head. I looked over at him and he gave me a small nod. I returned it, they both went back to shooting the walkers. I just took down the ones that were getting too close to them, keeping my distance myself.

After a few minutes, all the walkers went down and they both set their guns down. I put my machete on the floor and pushed Carl, "What was that for!" He said angrily. "You left and you didn't tell me! I got scared." I said looking at him. He fixed his flannel looking at me, "I didn't think I would be gone for too long. Sorry." He said, fixing his hat too. I kept looking at him angry but worried, not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry! Jeez stop looking at me like that.." He said keeping his eyes on me too.

I felt a hand on my back and looked over to see my dad. "He's alright.. That's all that matters." He said. I nodded a bit and looked at his other hand, I noticed his hand was wrapped up. "What happened? Are you okay?" I asked grabbing his hand, He looked at it and extended his fingers. The bandage had some blood on it, but it wasn't walker blood, it was his. "Nothing, don't worry about it.." He said and put a hand on the back of my head. I let go of his hand and looked at him. He nodded bushing some of my hair down with the palm of his hand.

"Let's take care of this," He said looking around at the walkers on the floor. We were able to hear faint growls coming from the walkers that they missed.

We heard a car approaching and we looked over to see a van, "Is that them?" I asked, confused. That's not the car they left with. "It has to be." Carl said as he looked over to the car too. "Dad, it's gonna be okay." Carl reassured dad and ran towards the gate opening it, I went over too and opened the fence so they can reach us.

Tyreese was the first to jump out of the van, "Sasha. How's Sasha?!" He asked looking at us. "I don't know. I'm sorry." Dad said as he popped up next to me. "Get in there. We got this." Daryl said getting out of the van. I smiled, relieved noticing they all made it back safely. "What happened?" I asked as Michonne came over to me. "We came across a bunch of walkers on the road, lost the car. But we got the medication Hershel and Dr. S need." She said nodding.

Word Count: 1171