43

"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."
– Winnie the Pooh 🐻🍯

Alright! So, we got 42 people that voted on that link!Thank you for those who participated, it came out a tie haha! but after thinking about it, the hospital makes more sense. ❤️

~Aurora's Pov~

"That's it." Kaleb said looking at the building. He wasn't coming in with me but he led me through the city, "How do I get in? Is there a back door or somethin' ?" I asked looking at the building. He sighed and looked at me. "All the exits are sealed but one. They're all bolted shut and there's fences all over this place. You won't be able to get in. And if you do, you'll probably get shot." he said. I looked over at him. "Gee, Thanks, that makes me feel a whole lot better." I said shaking my head. "I'm just telling you the truth. Your only way in is the front. Maybe if you tell them the truth about your friend they'll let you stay." He said.

"Alright, Thanks." I said looking at the building. "I'm not going in with you Ro.." He reminded me. I nodded, "I know. That's why I'm saying thanks, For getting me here. I know how much you hate this place, you didn't have to come." I said. He shook his head. "You're a kid. I don't know about you that well but I can't have someone's death on my conscience. Unlike you." He said. I shook my head. "I don't want your death on my conscience either. But you're a cop, You know how to take care of yourself." I said. He shook his head, "They taught me how to use a gun at the hospital. This is just clothes for authority. They needed more people to guard. I used to work on the cars, that's it." He said.

"Oh.. Well at least now you know how to use one, better than just knowing how to fix cars." I said. He shrugged, "It comes in handy sometimes. Look at us, if I didn't know how to fix that car by the house, we wouldn't even be been half way by now." He said looking back at the hospital. I shook my head again and walked away from him, hiding my gun and my machete in a close by car so when I got out with Beth, they would be there for me.

I stood up straight and closed the door, turning back to Kaleb who was already looking at me. I walked up to him and held my hand out towards him. He shook it, "Good luck," He said. I nodded, "You too." I said as we pulled our hands away from each other. I walked away from him and went to the front of the hospital, killing a few walkers with my knife on the way. I squeezed through the fence and walked towards the doors.

"Stop right there!" A man's voice called out. I stopped and looked around, trying to pinpoint where the voice was coming from but it was bouncing off the walls, I didn't know where it was coming from. The door opened and I saw a woman pointing her gun at me. "Put it down." She said. I slowly put it down on the floor, "Step away from the knife!" The man called out, once again his voice bouncing off the walls. "Is my friend is here? Her name is Beth I was with her when-"

A silence gunshot went off close to my feet causing me to flinch and take a step back. "Step away from the knife! Don't make me say it again!" The man said. "Lamson!" I looked back hearing Kaleb's voice. "What's with the shooting?" He asked looking straight at a window.

"What the hell they said you were dead." The woman said, still pointing the gun at me. He looked back at her. "I'm not." He said walking over to me with his gun in his hand. "Are you back?" She asked lowering her guard the slightest. "She asked you a question. The girl, is she still here." Kaleb asked, almost demanded. "Yeah she's here." She said looking at me.

"Put the gun down, Tell Dawn in here." Kaleb said, I looked over to him. ".. You're coming in?" I asked as the woman put down her gun. She walked back inside, leaving us out here. "I'm not staying.." He said looking at me too.

~~~

It's been about 10 minutes, the door to this room was locked. "I thought you said you weren't coming in." He looked away from the window and over to me. "I wasn't. But wanted to make sure you got in okay.. I heard the gunshot go off." He said looking back out the window, I stood up from the bed and walked over to him.

We've been together for a while. I stayed with him until he was able to walk again and we got to know each other better. "You still could've left.." I said. He looked over to me again. "Just accept that I wanna make sure you're okay. Alright?" He asked. I smiled a bit at him, "Fine.." i said softly. He returned the small smile and looked down at the floor. "You remind me a lot of my sister.. I guess that's why I'm so invested.." He said. I kept looking at him. "How old was she?" I asked. "Same age," He said with a small nod. "Twins," I said softly. He nodded again. "Yeah." he said looking at me. "I'm sorry," I said. He shook his head, "I didn't lose her like this, I used to thank God in the beginning but now I don't think there is one." He said.

"How'd you lose her?" I asked. "She had heart problems," He said, "Sorry.." I repeated, "Don't be, it's been a few years.." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows, "So? She was your sister.. You still lost her.." I said looking at him. He nodded, "Thanks.. I guess. I still don't know how to respond to that." He said messing around with his fingers. I nodded a bit looking at his hands, noticing this was a touchy subject for him. He was getting uncomfortable, fidelity.

"I'm sorry I pulled you from your friends.." He said not looking at me, ".. You just made up for it.." I said. We heard keys jingling from the outside of the room and we looked over, My heart dropped to my stomach hearing the keys unlock the door. The door opened and it revealed a woman, "Kaleb, my office." She said, "Where's the girl Dawn." He said, shaking his head. She looked back slightly and Beth appeared. "Beth." I smiled, feeling tears in my eyes. She smiled too with tears in her eyes "Aurora."

We ran the small distance in between us and we hugged. We started crying, holding each other close in a tight embrace "I'll be back Ro." Kaleb said and walked out of the room, leaving us alone. "I thought you were dead." She cried. I shook my head crying too. "No. I'm here." Another tear left my eyes as I closed them, burying my face in her shoulder.

We pulled away and I smiled putting my hands on her arms, she did the same and laughed, I did too but we were still crying. "The walkers- there were so many of them. I thought you were dead. When I woke up and they told me you weren't here I thought you were gone again." she cried, I shook my head again. "I'm right here." I hugged her again and she did too. "Promise me right now we won't get separated again." She said and closed her eyes,

"I promise Beth."

Word Count: 1246

A/N 1: NO STOP IT I DON'T WANT TO WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER AHHH 😭😭

Also, The group knows Beth is at the hospital but they don't know Aurora is there.

A/N 2: Kaleb's nickname for Aurora is "Ro" Its pronounced "Row"