23

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

~Aurora's Pov~

"Open the door! It's Hershel!"

We heard my dad's voice echo through the cell block. We all went over to the door quickly to see Hershel bleeding and he was missing a leg. "Oh my god." Mom and I said at the same time, Carl rushed and unlocked the door. "Dad?!" Oliver asked as Beth tried going to him. "Daddy!" Beth cried out, Oliver held her back as they rolled him in on a table. "Get him on the bed." Dad said as they pushed him in a cell.

"Daddy what happened?!" I asked, shocked by the sight. "He got bit." He said. Carol rushed in with towels, she pressed it against the stump. Dad took a group out to check out the rest of the prison. "Oh my god is he gonna turn?!" Beth asked. "No- stop it. Stop." Oliver said freaked out, looking at Hershel. "Did you cut it off?!" Carol asked. "Yeah." Dad said as they grabbed Hershel. "Maybe you got it in time." Mom said. I put my hands on Carl's shoulders and pulled him back a bit, giving them all more room.

They pulled him onto the bed. "Oh- I need bandages!" Carol said as she pushed the towels back on his leg. Oliver put his hands on his head in shock. "We used everything we had." Glenn said. "Well get more! Anything!" Carol said as her hands started to get covered with Hershel's blood. "Carl go get the towels from the back. Right next to my bed." Mom said looking at him. Her hands were covered in some blood too. I let go of Carl and he rushed upstairs.

"Is he gonna die? Olly is he gonna-" Oliver cut Beth off with a hug. He didn't say anything, he just hugged her. She hugged him back scared. I looked around to see that Daryl wasn't in here. Neither was T-Dog. I turned around, and walked out of the cell, heading back towards the door. As I walked, i started hearing movement coming from the other side of the gate. I pulled out my gun, "Daryl..?" I called out softly. I held my gun with my hands and walked further towards the door, He popped out and held a finger up to his lips. I put my gun back in it's holster and he gestured to me with his hand to go back. I looked over to see T-dog standing there too. He nodded a bit, holding his gun. I looked back at Daryl as I took a step back.

"Don't come out." Daryl said quietly. I nodded hesitantly, not knowing what was going on but I'm glad to see they were okay. I turned around and I walked back to the rest. Carol had more towels on Hershel's leg. Maggie had her hands on Oliver and Beth's backs as they all looked at their dad worriedly. I can't believe dad cut his leg off.. I hope he gets through this..

"Hey this is my house, my rules. I go where I damn well please!"

An unfamiliar voice echoed through the walls. I grabbed my dad's arm and looked over towards the cell door. He put his hand on my back and looked over, "What was that?" Beth asked, "Prisoners, survivors." Dad responded. Dad nudged me in the cell a bit more. "What-"

"It's alright." Dad cut me off and looked at me. He put his hand on the side of my head and looked past me to the rest. "Everybody stay put." he said and let me go. He took Glenn with him and I looked back to Hershel and the rest. We all heard my dad, Daryl, T-dog and the other's voices bouncing from the walls as they argued.

~~~

Dad and the rest worked things out with the prisoners. He and a few others were going to clear out another cell block for the prisoners in return for the food they gave us. Oliver snapped out of the shock he was in and he started helping Carol out. I remember he told me back when we were at the farm that he knew some stuff since he helped Hershel out a lot when he was working on animals.

We heard the door open and close, "I thought you were organizing the food." Glenn said. "Even better." Carl said and walked in the cell, he dropped a duffel bag to reveal pads, alcohol and bandages. Carol gasped and reached in the bag. "Where did you get this?!" Mom asked looking at him. "Found the infirmary. Wasn't much left but, I cleared it out." Carl said holding his gun. "You went by yourself?" mom asked, I looked back at Carl. "Yeah." He said. I shook my head. "Why didn't you tell me.? I would've gone with you." I said looking at Carl. He looked at me, about to say something.

"Are you crazy?" Mom asked, We looked back at her. "No big deal. I killed two walkers." Carl said looking at her. "Alright- do you see this?? This was with the whole group." Mom said getting angry. "We needed supplies so I got them!" Carl said, raising his voice a bit. "I appreciate that but-"

"Then get off my back!" Carl yelled at her. I smacked the back of his head. "Shut up!" I said shocked at the way he just talked to her. He looked at me "W-" I shook my head. "No. You don't talk to her like that. Ever." I said looking down at him angry. He left the room angry and I looked at my mom who looked at me too. "Sorry mom.." I said. She shook her head a bit and looked back down at Hershel. "Take the keys from him." She said not looking at me. I nodded a bit and walked out of the cell, I walked upstairs and went to see Carl sitting on the bed looking down angry. "Give me the keys." I said. He pulled out the keys and held them out towards me, not looking at me. I took them and walked out of the cell then back downstairs.

Oliver wasn't in the room with them, he said he needed some air but I knew he wasn't outside. I checked all the cells until I found him, he was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. He looked over quickly seeing a shadow appear in the room. "Hey.." I said softly and leaned against the frame. "Hey." He responded softly, I put my hands together and licked my lips slightly as I looked at him. "Can I sit with you? Or do you wanna be alone?" I asked, I don't even know what I would be doing right now if that was my dad in there but I know he'd be here for me..

He scooted over slightly and I walked in, sitting down next to him. "My mom said there's still no fever.. I think my dad did get it on time.." I said. "I hope so.." he said softly. I looked at him but he kept looking at the floor, I looked forward too and rested my head on his shoulder.

Word Count: 1200