51

This chapter consists of Rory annoying Daryl, but out of love😌💓

~Aurora's pov~

I walked up to Daryl with my hands behind my back, He sighed loudly. I laughed looking at him. "I haven't even said anything!" I laughed. "The way you're standin' just did." He said and put his bow down. He sat down on the grass and leaned against the wall getting comfortable. "Alright, Shoot." He said bringing his knees up to his chest slightly. I smiled and held out my hand towards him,  face down in a fist. He looked at it and reached up fist bumping me. "No!" I started laughing at him again. "What'd I do?!" He asked looking up at me confused. "Open your hand." I giggled. "Oh.." he mumbled smiling the smallest bit but then stopping, he started nibbling on the inside of his cheeks to keep himself from smiling any wider. He opened his hand and I dropped a necklace I made for him.

He brought it down and looked at it then back at me. ".. why?" He asked. I shrugged, "I was bored, I had nothing to do," I sat down next to him. He looked at me. "Is this from my bow?" He asked looking at the cable I used to make the necklace. A while ago he was fixing his bow, replacing the cable so I took it out of the trash having the idea in my head. I nodded, "Mhm." I said looking at it. ".. Nice," He mumbled. I smiled at him, "Why're you hiding back here? I had to think like you to find you." I said. He looked at me but didn't say anything, "What?" I asked.

"You don't know how I think." He said. I nodded, "Yeah I do." I said looking at him. "How do I think woman?" He asked. I smiled, "Where's a good place to brood in silence alone," I said. He scoffed and shoved me slightly with his elbow. I smiled, "It's like a game of hide and seek with you." I said resting my head against the wall behind me, "We never got to play it at the prison now that I think about it." I said. "Hm.." He said unclipping the necklace and reaching in his vest pocket to pull out the first arrow I gave him back at the prison. I just watched him as he replaced the new arrow with the old arrow.

He put the necklace on and looked down at it then over to me after a second of feeling my gaze. "..What?" He asked putting the new arrow I carved for him in his pocket. I shook my head, "You're sentimental.." I said softly and smiled at him. He looked away from me and nodded, "Yeah.." He mumbled and rested his chin on his knee. "You're really sweet sometimes, You're not so scary." I said. He looked over at me. "I thought you were the most terrifying person when you first came to camp." I said remembering the first time Merle and Daryl came to camp. "I thought you were too fragile." He said. "I am." I said. He shook his head, "Nah you ain't. You just look it." He said looking away from me again. "A damn dandelion." He said.

"A dandelion?" I asked smiling, yet a bit confused he called me that. "Those are the flowers right? The ones that you blow on 'em and they-" He looked at me and stopped talking mid sentence. "Never mind." He said noticing I was smiling at him, "I'm a dandelion?" I repeated. He pushed himself off the grass. "I can't deal with you." He said grabbing his bow and strapping it around him. "Wha-" I said looking at him with a smile. "I really can't deal with your shit." He said holding back a smile. "Then say it with a straight face Uncle Daryl." I said. He locked eyes with me and got instantly serious. "That's terrifying." I said with a serious face too. "You're ruinin' my image." He said holding his hands out towards me. I reached up, taking a hold of them and he pulled me up. "What does that mean? Your image?" I asked as we let go.

"I'm tryna give you a compliment and you're turning it into somethin' else." He said. "What? I can't make you smile? Is it illegal, Uncle Daryl?" I asked smiling at him. He walked away from me and I followed him. "You're a damn clown." He said. I gasped but laughed. "Am I a clown or a dandelion? Make up your mind." I said. "Stop talking." He said as he continued to walk, looking around us. "What was my compliment supposed to me?" I asked. "Are you playin' 20 questions? Stop shootin' them." He said. "You said shoot at the beginning of our conversation. I'm shooting." I said. He stopped walking and just stared at me.

I crossed my arms looking at him with a straight face too. "You hate me huh?" I asked. "Yeah, I really do." He said walking. "You love me." I said. "You're annoying." He said. "Just towards you. I like getting on your nerves." I said. He shook his head as he continued to walk. I sighed, "Okay I'm done, I've annoyed you enough today." I said and stood in front of him. He stopped quickly before he bumped into me. "You annoy the hell outta me for fun?" He asked. I nodded, "Just when I'm bored." I said. He scoffed looking away from me. I smiled.

"Okay but what do you think of this place?" I asked, He shrugged and shook his head, "Mm-mm." He mumbled in an 'i don't know' tone. "Don't know how to feel. Rick said try, I'm tryin'. How about you?" he asked looking at me. I shook my head, "I feel safe- I mean I felt safe when I'm around all of you but this is different." i said looking at him. He nodded, "Yeah, I don't like bein' in here though. Rather be out there." He said walking. I followed him again. "Aaron asked me to recruit with him," He said. I furrowed my eyebrows and put a hand on his arm to stop him from walking. "Recruit? You're leaving?" I asked looking at him. He nodded as I took my hand off his arm, "Just for a while, but Yeah," He said looking at me. "When?" I asked. "Tomorrow mornin'. Early." He said.

"How long are you gonna be gone?" I asked. He shook his head looking around us once again. "Don't know. He didn't say, Don't think it'll be too long though." He said, I kept looking at him not wanting him to leave so soon, we just got here and we were all finally together and he was leaving already. He looked at me once I didn't say anything. "I'll ask him if that'll make you feel better.." He said. I nodded a bit, "Okay.. I'm hugging you when you get back." I said. He sighed through his nose looking away. "No." He said. "It's happening. And If I don't see you anymore today, or tomorrow-" I kissed his cheek and he flinched away.

I pulled away and looked at him "- be careful. I'll miss you." I said. He nodded slightly looking at me. "If Aaron tells me, I'll tell your dad If I don't see you today either. And your compliment was you're stronger than you look." He said.

Word Count: 1238

Y'all know what i realized? rory hasn't gotten hurt at all, THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE. Something needs to happen to miss girl for character development. Any ideas? 😌🤣

 Any ideas? 😌🤣