the bonfire

I was sat around the fire with me back to a log next to Newt watching gally fight.

"Sooo.. newt are you gonna tell me about the runners yet." I asked eagerly.

"Bloody hell greenie, you are desperate. Fine. The 4 boys over there are the runners." He said pointing to a group of boys who were talking amongst themselves. "The tall one with black hair is Minho. He's the keeper of the runners."

"What do they do?"

"They run through the maze everyday and map it and try and see if there's a way out." Newt took a sip of his drink.

"The maze? What ma-" newt cut me off by handing me the drink. It was almost as if he was trying to avoid the question.

"You thirsty? Try it. Frypan made it. It's his special drink. Though, Gally is thinking about changing it."

I took a sip of it and immediately spit it back out. It tasted like raw onions and vinegar.

"EW! That's gross." I spat. Newt was practically pissing himself next to me.

"It's not funny" I nudged him.

Fry walked over and took a seat next to me. He eyed the side of my head intensely as I attempted to scrub my tongue.

"So, greenie, looks like you don't like my drink." He said, annoyed.

"It's gross. I'm sorry. but that can't be healthy." I pulled a disgusted face. Newt started laughing harder.

"I get that a lot. Anyway Gally wants to see you." Fry smiled and walked away.

His mood just changed so quickly. It changed from annoyed to bubbly.

"Do you think I upset him?" I pulled a worried face.

"He's fine." Newt said calming himself down slightly.

I both walked over to where Gally was.
"What do you want?" I asked. He was stood in the middle of a circle.

"Well every greenie has to fight me. It's your turn." He smirked.

"Come on gally she's a girl!" Some of the boys shouted.

That made me mad. I wanted- I needed to prove them that a girl can do anything a boy can. I stepped into the chalk circle and all the boys were shocked. Not sure why.

"All you have to do is push me out this circle." Gally instructed.

"Easy." I smirked, licking my lips.

He ran at me and I managed to jump out the way. Gally was able to stop himself before he fell. I dived at his feet and he fell back. I got up quickly and so did he. I ran up to him and elbowed his stomach. He bent over in pain and all I had to do was simply push him out the circle.

"How's that for a girl?!" You shouted to all the boys who were still shocked. Gally moaned and stood up.

"Well done greenie. It's not very often someone beats me. Must just have been a bad day for me." He walked over to me and patted my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes at how much of a sore loser he was, "Bad day my ass gally. Your just annoyed cus a girl beat you." 

I was still stood in the middle of the circle when all of a sudden gally comes running up behind me and tackles me.

Someone was angry.

I banged my head on the hard floor, making my headache from earlier come back.

"Never talk to me like that again." Gally
stood over me.

A felt something in my stomach. Butterflies.  Butterflies? No, no, no. Y/n, you've known him for a few hours.

I pushed that feeling away.

"Yes sir." I stood up and walked back over to Newt.

"Well you had him in the first half." He laughed.

"Oh shut up I kicked his ass."

"You sure did."

All the boys came up to me and congratulated me. Alby even picked me up and placed me on his shoulders while the other boys cheered. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Gally sat down on a log with a grumpy look on his face.

"Idiot" he mouthed. I just rolled my eyes as the boys carried me to my new room.

I was going to enjoy it here.
—————————————————————-
Somethings gonna happen in the next chapter!
Hope your enjoying this!