suicide mission

Minho, very rudely, woke me up for running. This time it was me, him and Alby. He wanted to retrace Bens steps.

"Hey, guys." Newt limped over to us at the maze doors

"Blondie!" I squealed childishly.

"Please don't tell me you've giving my a nickname like you have with Minho."

"I have. You should be grateful not everyone has them."

"Yeah, dude. Welcome to the stupid nickname gang." Minho laughed.

"Bloody hell." Newt chuckled, "All three of you going today then?"

"Yeah, just to be safe. Take care of the glade please." Alby patted Newts shoulder.

"I'll try my best. Don't die, any of you." He eyed me.

"Why did you look at me when you said that?"

"Because you always get bloody hurt. Bye." He smirked before leaving again.

"I hate that boy."

"You don't mean that. Now let's go." Alby instructed and we all ran in. I was in front and Alby and Minho were behind forming a triangular shape.

Alby overtook after half an hour because I had no idea where we were going. Minho and I were arguing behind him but he stayed silent trying to focus.

"Just stop calling me that."

"What? Min Min? I thought you liked to be apart of the nickname gang."

"Well, I don't." Minho snarled.

"I don't care. I'm still calling you it."

"How are you and Gally?"

"Oh, not this again."

Minho chuckled, "Don't worry. It's not like last time. I genuinely just wanna know the gossip."

"Well, we are good. Y'know Minho I think you could be a ladies man if there were more girls in the glade."

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, seriously."

"Does that mean you like me..?"

"Ewww, no."

"That's mean." Minho huffed.

"I didn't mean it like that." I laughed, "You're cool."

"Wait, are we actually getting along?"

"Finally.." Alby murmured from in front.

I had no idea how long we had been in the maze but it was definitely for far too long. the boys didn't seem to care that we could hear the maze begin to shift. Then, just to make things worse, Alby got stung on his chest. In the day, just like Ben. Minho knocked him out so he wouldn't go all crazy.

"Y/n, get your ass over here and help me carry him. We aren't leaving him." Minho beckoned me over. He got Alby off the floor and wrapped his arms around both of our shoulders. Alby was unconscious so it made it even more difficult for us to pull him along.

This reminded me of the first time I got hurt and Minho had to take me back to the glade. Now, it was different because Alby's quite a bit heavier than me and he can't even help us. We navigated our way through the maze back to the doors but when we went around the corner the doors were already closing. No way were we getting through. The Gladers shouted and screamed but I drowned them out, trying to focus on carrying the injured man. Then the shouts got louder and I looked up to see Thomas running through the small gap in between the doors.