back at it

It's been roughly a month since Gally and I got together. No one knows, thankfully but I had the urge to tell Newt. After all, he was my best friend.

I had been taken off bed rest but I had been held back from running, which really annoyed me but I agreed to help Fry with his food in the kitchen. He enjoyed the company and it gave us time to get to know each other.

"You know, y/n, I've been here for quite some time and never once has any of these shanks offered to cook for me. So thank you for helping."

"No problem Fry. But next week I'm going back to being a runner.." I winced, jokingly, knowing he wouldn't be happy.

"Oh come on!" He threw his arms up in a huff. I began to laugh at his sudden mood swing.

"What are you two laughing about over here?" Gally asked, leaning on the table we were working on.

"I was just telling Fry that I won't be able to help him with the food anymore because next week I'm running again."

"Oh aha." He fake laughed, "Y/n, can I talk to you for a second?" Gally walked off obviously expecting me to follow him like a dog.

I waved by to Fry before walking up to Gally's side as we entered my room.

"What's up?" I asked when he didn't say anything.

"Y/n, are you one hundred percent sure you want to become a runner again. I mean look at what happened last time." He pointed to my stomach.

Oh, here we go again.

"Gall, I really want to run again. That Griever incident only happened because we were in there for too long. It won't happen again, I promise." You cupped his face and kissed him.

                                  *
"HEY SHANK! COME HERE!" Newt shouted from the outside of the pit. I walked over and crouched next to him looking down into the hole.

It was a new greenie. He had light brown flat hair and his cheek bones were chiselled.

"Hey." I said bluntly, holding out my hand.

He shook it firmly and asked, "Are you the only girl?" He attempted to peer out the pit to see the other gladers.

"Yes. I am." I nodded.

"But don't go trying anything with her. She's dating the one and only Gally. She's his, no one else's." Newt told the greenie.

My mouth fell open.

"How do you-"

Newt cut me off with a hand in the face. I shut up, knowing that we'll talk about it after.

"I thought you two were dating.." he points at us both.

"Oh no. Just best friends." Newt and I both said at the same time smiling at each other.

"Whatever." He huffed, "Can I get out this hole now?"

You opened the door and stood up. "There. No fooling around. I presume Newts told you the rules"

"Yeah, yeah,he did. What happened to you.." he asks pointing to your scar that was visible because of your tank top.

He gets distracted very easily.

"Oh erm nothing. Just a scar I had before I came up here." I told him awkwardly before pulling your top down, trying to cover it.

All the gladers had agreed not to tell all the newbies about me being stabbed because we didn't want to scare them.

"Hey, I better go. But go over there to that boy. He'll give you the tour." I instructed, pointing to Fry who was laughing with someone.

I grabbed Newt's arm and pulled him to my room which was the only place that we would be given privacy.

"How do you know?" I got to the straight to the point.

"It's obvious. Fry, Minho, Ben and I figured it out." Newt chuckled, leaning on the wall beside the door.

"I- okay." I breathed, "Don't tell anyone else. Please."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"Okay. Yes, ma'am." Newt stood straight and saluted, imitating a shoulder.

I laughed at his antics and he relaxed.

"Alby will need to know."

"No, he won't. Plus, we'll tell everyone at some point."

"If you say so. But don't get angry if one day everyone suddenly knows." He opened the door slightly and slipped out the small gap.

—————————————————————
Hey guys!
I promise it's going to get juicy in the next parts. Just bare with me. I'm new to writing so it's hard for me to think of ideas.

But I love you so much 💕