thomas

I was getting stuff for Newt when a hand grabbed my wrist and yanked me further into the forest.

"Hey, what the sh-," I started but stopped when Gally turned to me.

"Y/n, are you mad at me?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because.. because.. I just am." I stomped my foot, "For several reasons, actually."

"Oh please enlighten me!"

"First, you think that this is our home and there's nothing, absolutely nothing, else outside these dumb walls that is worth living for. And I respect your opinion but c'mon Gally, we don't belong here!" I inhaled,

"Second, you think you own me and no one else can have me, erm.. like the other day when Newt and I were hugging! He's my best friend! I'm sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to hug people."

"You are allowed." He tilted his head.

"Really? Because as soon as he touched me you pushed him away and kissed me! We were just hugging!"

"How am I supposed to know whether you like him or not?"

"You're not but there's this thing called trust! And, I know, that you have trust issues because of Alec," Gally's back straightened. "But you can't separate me from all my friends! Take a look around Gally!" I spun in circles with my arms outstretched.

"This whole place is full with boys! I am just friends with boys, there's no other girls!" I screamed.

"Yeah, well, they all like you! They all want you! I don't like it! You're always flirting." He snarled.

I laughed slightly, "Are you taking the piss? How am I flirting with them?"

Gally moved closer, "You're always touching them and laughing with them."

"Oh, I apologise. I didn't know I couldn't have a good time with my friends!" I walked away, ignoring his shouts.

-

It was now time for the bonfire and I tried to block out mine and Gally's argument. The boys lit their touches and threw them onto the pile of sticks and wood causing a fire a few meters tall.

"GLADERS! GLADERS! GLADERS!" We all chanted as some boys played drums and others did cool gymnastic tricks.

Once everyone had calmed down, I pulled Newt over to our log and we sat down so our back was facing the fire.

"What's up?" He asked turning to me.

"It's Gally."

"Another argument?"

"Yep."

"What about?"

"Everything. About the glade, you, the other boys. Just everything." I sighed.

"Me?" Newt raised an eyebrow. "He won't kill me will he?"

"No." I laughed, "Just him getting jealous. He thinks I'm flirting with you all."

"Well, we are all boys.."

"That's what I said." I grinned and took the chicken kebab out of his hand and began eating it.

He opened his mouth to protest but the greenie sat down next to me.

"Hell of a first day, Greenie." Newt ripped the kebab back out of my hands.

The boy just nodded sadly.

"Here." I handed him a glass of Gally's mixture. Frypan used to make it but Gally wanted to add more... spice. "Put some hair on your chest."