Side Chapter: How They All Met

Reach Training Facility

A group of childen were massing in what looked like a massive storage building. The kids were located at the entrance of the building. The entire middle section of the building was layed out like an obstacle course. Most of the kids were in groups, talking to eachother. However, one notable kid was just standing close to the side of the building, trying to avoid attention. His small and seemingly fragile body was full of scars. Some healed, some new. His eyes were always moving from place to place, quickly trying to process every inch of the area.

Suddenly, a man, wearing a uniform came in. All of the kids formed three lines, turned to him, and saluted. The injured kid on the side had a noticeable few seconds of delay in his reaction to the officer entering the building. The man, who was their sergeant, and responsible for their training, silently took notice of this, but carried on as if nothing happened.

Sergeant: At ease.

The kids returned to their previous stances, and the sergeant began putting them into groups of four. The injured kid barely heard any of it. Something about these squad being together forever from now on, protect and help eachother at all times, and other things he couldn't hear. Then the Sergeant started calling their numbers for each teams. The kid mostly ignored them, until he heard his number, along with three other ones.

Sergeant: 153, 121, 115, 139! From now on, you will be team Scorpion!

The injured kid slowly nodded his head. He saw the three other kids who have been called. He slowly walked over to them. They saw him coming, and made space in their circle where he can stand. After he arrived, he took a more through look at them.

The one labeled 121 has a boy. He had short bright red hair and blue eyes. He was the tallest in the group, and was fairly musculin, given his age.

The one labeled 115 was also a boy. He had short brown hair and brown eyes. He had the same height as 153, but he was in much better physical health, then him.

The one labeled 139 was a girl. She had long brown hair, which reached her shoulders, and 

After they all eyed eachother up, they all began introducing themselves.

121: My name is Logan.

115: My name is Dale.

139: My name is Cassidy.

153: ...My name is Matthias. It's nice to meet you.

Unfortunately, before they could talk with eachother more, the sergeant started talking.

Sergeant: Listen up!

Every kid in the room turned towards the sergeant, who continued.

Sergeant: Today's mission is Ring the Bell. When every member of your team has rung the bell, croos this line!

One of the kids lifted his hand, indicating he ahd a question.

Sergeant: Question trainee!

Trainee: What do we win, sir?

Sergeant: You win dinner, 117. Last team to finish, goes without dinner.

All the kids in the room stared worrying, finding the risk of not having dinner horrible. Meanwhile, the injured kid, who we will now cal Matthias had a tiny smirk on his face. No one noticed it, thankfully.

Sergeant: Get readyyy...

The kids all got into a stance, ready to run once permission was granted.