20. natblida

"Did you really think this was a good idea?" I snapped at Kane as I paced back and forth along the dingy cell we were currently locked in. 

After the failed ambush by Trikru and the retaliation of Azgeda, the group of us were hauled off to Polis where we were all imprisoned with the exception of Clarke. 

Apparently, she had be freed, and it was my assumption that she was trying to smooth things over with Roan. 

Kane looked up at me from where he had his face dropped into his hands. "We didn't know what else to do. Trikru helped us take the temple, there was no turning back."

"Roan will never abandon his people." I argued, shaking my head as my pacing ceased. "He'd go to war before he did that."

In the small amount of time that I had known the Azgeda King, I had come to realize how much he cares for his people. 

 "So will Trikru." Kane argued. "They will not give the bunker up for Azegda and Skaikru, no less."

"So what do we do?" I questioned, slowly sliding down the wall so I was seated. "We wait for Clarke and hope she can convince them?"

"Yes." Abby answered, looking over to me with an impassive look. "That's all we can do."

I let out a frustrated sigh, dropping my head into my hands as I tried to go over just how we had ended up in this situation. Every time we thought we found something safe, something good, we were proven wrong. 

The sound of footsteps approaching our cells caused me to lift my head in curiosity. 

Echo stopped in front of our cell, flanked by two other guards. "You." she barked, her eyes focused on me. "The king wants to see you."

I looked at the others in confusion before looking back at her. "Me?"

She clenched her jaw, trying to resist rolling her eyes. "The rest of you, against the wall. Try anything and I'll kill her."

Jackson, Miller, Abby and Kane all stood, making their way to the back wall meanwhile shooting me nervous glances. 

The cell door swung open, and the two guards marched in, roughly grabbing me and pulling me to my feet. 

I remained silent as they re-gagged me and re-cuffed my wrists before shoving me out into the hall. 

Echo glared at me as we began walking, her gaze cold. "Try anything, and I will kill you."

I shot her a dirty look before finally nodding. What was I going to do anyway?

They led me through the corridors, taking me up from the basement and into a hallway with several doors. 

"In here." Echoed ordered, which resulted in the guards shoving me into the room. It looked like some kind of war room. A large table was position in the middle, battle plans strewn out across it. 

Roan was standing by the table, his eyes focused downward. He didn't turn as we entered. "Leave us." he ordered, still turned away from us.

"My king--" Echo began to argue, only to be cut off as he finally turned, giving her a hard stare. "I said leave us."

Echo and the two guards bowed before making their leave from the room, leaving Roan and I alone. 

I gave him an expectant look, raising my brows as I waited for him to explain what I was doing in here. 

He stood, taking a few large strides until he was in front of me. He then pulled the gag from my mouth and cut the bounds that were holding my wrists together. "Did you know?" he demanded, his voice holding certain hesitancy.