"This is going to be everywhere in an hour isn't it?"

When the group stepped through the portal they knew they had walked into something when Kara spotted a flustered Harley and Ivy standing 'innocently' in the middle of her apartment. The duo grinned at them, Harley fixing her hair back into its perfect pigtails.

"I am so burning everything in here." Glancing around, she didn't even want to use her powers to investigate anything they may have done, resigned to losing everything besides her NCU jumper. From the corner of her eye, she could see Lena nod in agreement, Barry and Caitlin refraining from touching anything as the group stood awkwardly.

Harley grinned. "Hey, I didn' expect ya two back yet." Her eyes lit up at the sight of Caitlin next to Barry as she swept her gaze over the group, no doubt happy she'd get the chance to see what exactly she could do.

"Yeah, I got called back. Speaking of which, we should get to the DEO before Alex comes here to drag us all there." Turning, the portal long gone the group headed to the door, Harley scrambling to stop them.

"Ya headin' to the DEO? We'll come." She grabbed her bat from behind the back of the couch and Kara could see Ivy roll her eyes from her place behind Harley. She knew the answer without Harley asking the question, but Kara still had to break the villainess' heart.

"Harley, you know you can't come to the DEO." She smiled sadly as Harley's shoulders dropped, her grin fading slowly. "But I promise, we will come and tell you anything we can when we're done."

Reluctantly she nodded, her grin snapping back into place as though it had never fallen. "In that case, see ya. We have some business to get back to, if ya don' mind." She was shooing them towards the door now, upset but not wanting to show it.

Kara frowned. "Don't make me have to burn more furniture while we're gone."

Harley laughed and went back to Ivy's side, wrapping her arms around her waist, humming her response. Her attention was solely on Ivy, their presence forgotten with such ease. With no further words the group turned and left, the door closing with a loud click when they reached the hallway.

"That was better than I expected." Lena conceded, gesturing to the closed door.

Kara paled. "That's easy for you to say, you can't hear what they've gone back to doing." All of them looked at the door, none of them overly surprised but a little disturbed that they hadn't waited a few more seconds for them to at least be off the floor.

"Come on, once we're outside we can get to the nearest alley and Kara and I can get us all to DEO." Barry started towards the elevator, Caitlin and Cisco on his heels.

Lena grabbed Kara's hand and pulled her – or at least attempted to – towards the elevator. "We can put quarantine tape on the door when we get back until we can burn everything." Her attempt at humour made Kara laugh, even if it was just a little. It was just enough to break her from focusing on her super hearing, nothing in her able to turn it off without a distraction.

The ding of the elevator doors arriving prompted her to move, walking hand in hand with Lena to the doors. Going down to the first floor was silent, everyone just wanting to reach the alley so they could head to the DEO and find out what was wrong. Unfortunately, those plans were foiled as they entered the entrance of Kara's building, the distinct clicking of a camera sounding from across the road.

"We have a problem." Everyone looked at her in confusion. "There's a photographer across the road waiting for us to come out. If you three head out and go out the other side of the alley, Lena and I will meet you there." She nodded to the doors, the photographer just visible through the lines of traffic on the roads.

Barry and Caitlin nodded, Cisco looking out at the guy waiting for the couple. "That must get annoying."

Lena scoffed. "You have no idea, but at least they aren't catching me leaving Lex's trail again." She was busy on her phone so didn't notice the surprised looks the trio gave her, looks Kara quickly shook her head at. "My driver will be here in five minutes. You guys should go and calm Alex before we have black SUV's surrounding the building."

With a wave from Caitlin and a nod from Barry and Cisco, the trio headed out the doors, the clicking form outside increasing for the brief moment the door was open. Left alone, Kara glared at the man outside while Lena squeezed her hand, drawing her attention.

"This gives a few more questions than I know you will want right now, but for someone to be waiting outside they either have to know who you are or know I'm here." Lena's voice was low even though no one else was around them.

The first thought panicked her for a moment, but as she glanced around the entrance of her building a magazine caught her eye. Walking over she pulled it from under the day's paper, the cover several images of her and Lena over the years.

"Looks like he's trying to get more images to add to this collection." She held the magazine up for Lena to see, moving back to her side as they looked over the tabloid that claimed to know 'details' of their relationship.

Waiting for Lena's driver they read the article on them, the lies in them made them laugh at its absurdity. "Is this thing serious?" Lena gaped at the latest article to be written about her and her love life.

The article was claiming that the two had been together for years, Lena having had an affair with her whilst she dated James, even going as far to speculate the two may be secretly married or engaged and were celebrating since Lena hadn't been seen at work in the last few days.

"It's absurd, but it's not wrong." Kara smiled at Lena and leaned down to whisper in her ear. "We are engaged." She was rewarded with Lena's laughter, the woman refraining from turning her head to kiss the blonde. Thankfully – or not if you were Kara – Lena's phone pinged with a new message.

Kara didn't need to see it to know that it was Lena's driver saying he was here as a black car had pulled up outside as they had been reading. "Let's go and see what your sister wants."

Leaving hand in hand, the duo opened the door and walked straight to the car, the clicking having increased ten-fold as soon as they emerged. The driver had managed to park directly in front of the building, not giving the photographer long to capture anything of them but their linked hands.

Once in the safety of the car, Kara breathed out a sigh of relief. "That is going to be everywhere in an hour isn't it?"

Lena nodded and leaned her head on Kara's shoulder. "Does that bother you?"

"No, but I know it means that you are going to have to leave for L-Corp to sort out whatever PR nightmare this is going to bring since you still haven't responded to the kidnapping." Kara's head leaned against Lena's, the two taking the few minutes they had to themselves with open arms since they knew it wasn't going to happen again for several hours.

Too soon, the car stopped outside the DEO. Silently, the two made their way into the building and through security with ease, agents didn't even look at them as they walked around doing their own jobs. The main level was busy, and Kara spotted everyone at the main meeting room next to the Med Bay waiting for them, Caitlin having changed into something of Killer Frost's already.

Not wasting time, they moved through the bustling agents to everyone else, Kara holding the door open for Lena as they entered. Wisely, they waited for the door to close and the privacy glass to engage before speaking. "What's happened?" Closing the door Kara had expected but tinting the glass for increased privacy was new. Whatever had happened was bad.

"She's back."