What's wrong?

Kara

Barry and Iris left Star Labs with everyone else, leaving us with one of the new rooms they furnished in the other part of the lab.

"I thought you said you all stayed at Barry's old house when you were here last time?" Lena stood in the doorway of the new room.

I dropped our bags at the end of the bed, Lena still by the door. "We did but I guess with us all coming back again they decided to sort some of the lesser used areas of the building for us to stay in." I shrugged, guessing since Barry hadn't mentioned anything. Looking around the room, I couldn't help but realise that this was one of the few times we were actually alone since everything happened.

"What are you thinking about?" Lena's voice sounded much closer than the doorway a moment earlier, which she was.

My brow furrowed slightly. "Nothing." She raised an eyebrow, a hand reaching to rub at the crinkle on my forehead. "Stupid crinkle!" Her hand moved to cup my cheek instead. "I was thinking that this was the few times we've actually been alone since everything."

A smirk appeared on her face. "I'm liking where this is going." Her eyes dropped to my lips for a second.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I covered her hand on my cheek with mine. "Actually..." Her smirk dropped a little, eyes moving back to mine. "...I was hoping I could ask you about something?"

"Anything." I could tell she wasn't overly happy about the way this conversation was going, much rather choosing another option that required much less talking.

I licked my lips. "When we were in Hawaii and we were going to meet with Cat, I used my powers to get ready and you got mad at me. Why?" My voice was quiet, but the thought had been running in the back of my mind, drowned by everything else going on. I couldn't not ask what happened while we were alone.

Lena's head dropped forward, her forehead a breath away from my lips. "I got nervous and confused and honestly frustrated. We were still faking and I couldn't tell what with you was real or fake, you could hear people coming long before I could, it was frustrating."

She stopped and looked up at me again. "You using your powers to get ready, I don't know, I just didn't expect it and I got defensive. I shouldn't have, I know that and I am sorry I did it. I wanted to take it back as soon as I was in the bathroom, but I couldn't tell how you felt. I didn't want to make an even bigger fool of myself with you."

"That could never happen." At my words a smile curled at the edges of her lips.

"Now I know that, but at the time your sister and Sam had basically convinced you to come with me and I didn't want to admit my feelings just for you to feel awkward for the rest of the week or just leave." By the end, her smile had dropped, replaced by a slight frown.

Cupping her cheek with my hand that had been covering hers on mine, I ran my thumb along her cheek gently. "That would never and will never happen." A smile formed with a silent chuckle. "You're stuck with me."

The frown was almost completely gone, her cheeks tinting with a blush. "Promise?"

Grinning, I brought my other hand to cup her other cheek,  holding her in my hands as I leant my forehead against hers. "Always." Leaning forward, I captured her lips with mine, Lena kissing back harder, pushing me to deepen the kiss.

I didn't pull back until Lena's hand on my chest urged me backwards, her leaning away from me, panting. "One of us still needs to breathe." Laughing, I kissed her cheek and sped around her to shut the door we had left open.

Quicker than she realised, I was wrapping my arms around her waist from behind, lips pressing gently against the back of her neck. She relaxed, tilting her head forward as the tension left her body at my fast movements. 

Slowly, I trailed light kisses to her ear. "Now about where you thought this conversation was going to go..." I kissed the spot just below her ear, Lena's heartbeat picking up considerably.

"Yes?" A single word and it was breathier than I thought she'd get at this point, my hands loosening their hold on her waist to let her turn around.

"We are wearing far too many clothes." Her hands grabbed my neck, pulling me in to meet her lips with mine, my hands finding her hips quickly, leading her backwards.

A/N - I know it's a short chapter, but I didn't want to write more while I try and figure out where the story is going to go from here but don't worry more updates will be happening and uploaded as they are written.