Those two unsupervised for too long is a sight no one should see.

Kara

As the elevator opened up on my floor in my building, I strode to my door, opening it only to stop as Kal, Lois, Harley, and Ivy were locked in a staring contest on opposite sides of the room

"Why don't you two go explore the city while I talk to my cousin?" It wasn't a question, Ivy sensing something off as she glanced at me, my glare never leaving Kal.

"Sure." She grabbed Harley's wrist, shushing her when she tried to protest as she pulled the door closed behind them. I was aware of Lena standing behind me, but I was now looked in a staring contest with Kal whose glare had finally left Harley and Ivy now they were out of sight.

"What are you doing with two of Gotham's most wanted in your living room?" Was he seriously trying to judge me right now?

I rolled my eyes, "They are my friends and don't think for one second shifting the topic of conversation is going to make me forget why I told you to come here." He deflated slightly, but he was still glaring at me, casting a few scathing glances at Lena behind me.

Lois put a hand on Kal's arm, giving him a look as she stepped closer to me. "I'm sorry Kara. My boss gave me the assignment and I couldn't turn it down without giving away the fact you two are cousins."

She was right, but it didn't stop me from being angry. "Regardless, this kind of thing is below you at this point. I can't remember the last time you did something like this." It was true, the last time she had done a piece like this had been years ago.

Her gaze turned to Lena, only for a moment. "Because it was me." Lena's voice had be turning around, to see her looking at the ceiling.

"Exactly. Since you're the new owner of CatCo my boss wanted me to write it since I have the best reputation and am more likely to be taken as truthful to our readers." Lois looked to me. "I did my best to leave as much of your information out of it and focus on Lena but I had to at least look like I was researching you by putting some information in the article." She looked apologetic, eyes asking me to at the least understand.

I sighed, looking at the ceiling. "I understand, I just wish it wasn't you."

Lois smiled, "I know." she glanced at Lena behind me. "but care to give me the scoop off the record?"

Kal's frown deepened. "I'd like to hear this too."

He was still glaring at Lena and while I hated doing this to Lois, I knew talking to them would lead to more problems right now. "I'd love to, but I don't think leaving the other two in National City for too long is a good idea."

"She's right." Lena stepped forward, leaning against the table at my side. "Those two unsupervised for too long is a sight no one should see." 

Kal crossed his arms. "I'm sure they'll be fine. I want to know when this whole thing started?" He was starting to act like a protective cousin, something I didn't need him to be.

"You want to know when Lena and I started dating?" He nodded, Lois just closed her eyes and pursed her lips, she knew what he was doing. I turned to look at Lena. "What has it been... a day?"

Lena nodded. "Sounds about right."

I had to stop myself from laughing or smiling at Kal's face, he turned so red he almost matched his cape. "Don't mess with me Kara! Tell me."

I rolled my eyes. "What's your problem? I didn't do this to you when you started dating Lois."

Lois jumped in, "For which I'm grateful." smiling at me, her eyes did shift to Lena momentarily.

"You'd just moved to National City and we didn't really talk much then." Why was he such an infuriating idiot?

I threw up one hand at him. "Of course, I almost forgot that time you dropped me with the Danvers' my first day on Earth and left me alone." His frown fell, slightly, his arms falling to his sides.

"You aren't alone Kara, you never have been." Was he being serious?

I was almost done with him, he was spouting so much rubbish it was unbelievable. "You're an idiot! I'm alone because I'm the last daughter of Krypton, the last to remember our home. You can read about it but you haven't seen the way the sun casts everything in crimson as the sun rises." I stepped closer, my voice rising slightly. "You didn't see how our home burned to ash, combusting and scattering the pieces of our planet into millions of pieces in space."

Lois tried to hold his arm to calm him down, but he glared at me. "You're right, I don't remember but I wished I did, maybe then I'd have memories of my parents instead of ice sculptures."

This time Lois didn't let either of us speak, stepping between us before Kal could step towards me. "Let's calm down before either of you do something stupid."

Taking a breath, Kal tried to smile but it fell flat. "You're right, we got off topic. We were talking about you being with a Luthor." His voice held an edge to it that grated at me.

"Get out."

Kal was surprised. "What?"

I stepped closer, invading his personal space. "Get. Out." The realisation he had overstepped completely was fun to see at least, maybe then he'd get the message. "Lena is the best person I know and if you were't so blinded by hatred for anything with the name Luthor, you'd see that. Until you can, you aren't welcome in my city."

If I'd had my powers he would have been thrown from the city limits long ago. 

He narrowed his eyes, "Exactly how do you plan on enforcing that with no powers?"

I grinned, laughing a little. "Easily, unless you'd like to know how it feels to be punched so hard you reach the atmosphere?" Lois paled, Kal trying to figure out if I'm telling the truth. "I'll only say it once more. Get. Out."

Gripping his hand, Lois pulled him towards the window. "I'm sorry Kara, we'll go." She glared at Kal before smiling apologetically at me, she always was the most understanding.

Without another word, the two flew out the window, leaving me and Lena stood in my apartment silently, her steps filling that silence before her hand slipped into mine. She didn't need to say anything, we both knew it, but feeling her hand in mine kept me from breaking.

Kal had hit a few nerves, nerves that couldn't heal and he couldn't understand, not really. We stayed like that for a while, standing in the middle of my apartment looking out the open window a the city.