CHAPTER 20

"You make me want to be a better man." – Melvin Udall

—————————————————————————

CALVIN POV

After an hour drive we've finally arrived and we settled everything inside the house for the night.

Xian and I went outside to prepare everything we needed for the fishing. We decided to stay at the docks instead on the boat, honestly it's Aviana's request and I agree with her knowing how Xian is uncontrollable when he becomes super excited. He jumps around like a monkey.

Aviana preferred to stay inside to take some rest. The drive drains her energy but I admire her strength to stay awake just to make me company while Xian slept throughout the drive.

Still it's a foreign feeling worrying about her well being and I still cannot believe she agreed on marrying me. A small part of me tells me that this is a mistake but the other part tells me I am doing the right thing.

It scares the heck out of me. She's turning me into someone else. Into someone I'm afraid to become.

My mother was right when she told me once, if I will ever have my own family I will be willing to sacrifice everything and ready to do anything for their safety.

I'd always told her I didn't want to have my own family. And here I am with twins on the way, a son which is a bonus and a blessing, also my perfect and sexy soon to be wife.

Wife what a strange feeling to say or even to think about it. I have to get used to it.

I can imagine my mother staring at me smiling and telling me 'I told you so'. I just wish she's here to see everything that is happening.

"Be careful don't go near the edges." I told him as he went running to the direction of the docks.

"Ok, Dad." He replied happily. I might get to use hearing him calling me Dad also. All of this are so foreign yet so fulfilling.

We've been fishing for almost an hour now. It took him a little longer to figure it out how to use his fishing rod and he caught five medium size fish not bad for a first timer while I caught seven, enough for tonight's dinner.

I hope I will able to cook a decent meal, it's been a while since I last cook something apart from breakfast.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" He ask out of nowhere.

"Sure." I said curiously enough to hear what he had in mind.

"Why do you have a picture of my Daddy in your office, do you know him?" I was caught off guard by what he just ask me, the fishing rod slipped out of my hands and I watched it sink into the water.

Xian tried to catch it but I was fast enough to get a hold of his hand or else he might get dragged down to the water by the fish I just caught.

"Where did you saw it?" Ì eyed him attentively

"Inside the drawer of your tables office. Is he one of your friends?"

"He is my brother. Are you sure it was your Daddy?"

"Not really, he looks like my Daddy though. I will ask mommy if I can show you some pictures of him." He said nonchalantly "Can we go inside now?"

"Yeah, sure." I replied thinking of what had just happened. I wasn't expecting it but there's a possibility that he must've mistaken someone else. Still there's a possibility that he is telling me the truth and if it is then, I landed myself into a situation not even someone wouldn't expect it happen in real life.

How am I going to face the reality? I am marrying the woman I ever wanted in my life only to discover that she is the wife of my brother who is still in love with him.

No! No! No!.... I will not jump into conclusions not until everything is proven.

I gathered everything we used for fishing and we headed back to the cabin. Aviana is waiting for us in the foyer with her sweetest smile painted on her beautiful face. She is more relaxed and rested. Every time I look at her all my worries and fatigue vanishes.

"We've caught enough for tonight's dinner. Would you mind helping me cook." I said as I kiss her irresistible plump lips.

"Sure but first both of you must take a bath you both stink. I'll see you in a minute I will clean the fish for you." She said as she went to the kitchen giving me a kiss on my cheek.

I took a bath with Xian as I helped him get dressed I can see clearly now the similarities between them. He got the same eyes, nose and hair color of my brother.

I close my eyes as I set aside everything I had in my mind. I will think of this matter when we get home, for now I will enjoy the night with my growing family.

Four hours later...

We were seated at the front porch watching the sky full of stars and the moon is shining so bright that it lightened up the night.

Xian is curled up in my lap while I am holding Aviana's hand. I look at her as the moon shines on her beautiful face. I can't help but smile thinking how I met her and what happened between us. Thinking about it now, I on my part made a mistake on forcing myself on her but I didn't regret it at all if the consequences of my action is having all of them with me.

"Can I ask you something?" I said not taking away my eyes off of her.

"What is it." She said softly looking back.

"Are you still in love with your late husband?" I gulped as I saw her eyes furrowed and it took her some time to answer my question. It was only seconds but it seems to me like forever.

"I still love him and he will always have a special place in my heart." She sighs and I felt my chest tighten. I looked up as I can't take the pain I am experiencing right now.

I felt a hand squeezing mine for comfort and I willed myself to look at her again. I was caught off guard as she was looking at me intensely, I can finally see through her eyes. She's letting her guard down.

"But I am in love with someone else." She whispered as she caressed my cheeks. And I knew then and there that she was talking about me. "Sshh! You don't have to say anything. I am not expecting anything from you. I am ok with you being my husband and a father to my children." She said as I am trying to take out some words out of my mouth.

I am lost of words and all I can do is to give her a breath taking kiss. If it wasn't for Xian I would've taken her then and there. She really is an amazing woman and I can't get enough of her.

Am I falling in love?

**********************************************

Hello readers!!!! I have finally decided and found an inspiration to continue this book. I hope you will continue to support my books.

I am so sorry for the long wait.

I hope this chapter is enough to make it up for my absence.

Vote and comment down below
Let me know what you think about this chapter 😘😘😘