CHAPTER 16

————————————————-
"And then suddenly, you meet that one person who makes you forget about yesterday, and dream about tomorrow"
————————————————-

AVIANA POV

It's been four days since I decided to ignore him. And I admit it was not so easy apart from ignoring him but for how he continuously ask for my forgiveness. He looks so lost and depressed, I almost pity him.

Within these four days of torture, I finally got to see a part of him, hidden away from the outside world.

I got to know that he is very gentle and he was always very protective of Xian and kept a watchful eye over us. They've become closer and I think my son loves his company. He looks up at him as his father figure and I couldn't deny it they look good together.

My doubts of him being the worst father vanishes, he took care of us like we are his family. He sees to it that everything we needed is being provided. I appreciate what he is doing for us but I am not used to serving, against his will, and Melinda I took care of some of the household chores. Which makes him angry but he couldn't do anything because he knew I am still angry at him.

I also found out he loves to cook. He cooks better than me and I secretly love his recipe although I pretended not to like it. He is also preparing my breakfast and he insisted that I have to take my breakfast in bed, which I am grateful for because I've been having backache and my bump is getting bigger.

He's been doing everything he could to gain my forgiveness and he even tried to explain why he acted the way he did. He has no idea that his forgiveness is not based on the things he could buy or things he can do. A simple "sorry" is enough.

Looking at the man hovering above me with his dark eyes flaming with fire makes me realize that over time, there have been several people who have influenced various aspects of my life and he is the only one who made it more difficult but at the same time almost perfect.

He is a very reserved man but has a great sense of humor, and always knows how to put a smile on my face secretly and to the people around him. His strength seems to be unbreakable during hard times and is extremely determined to accomplish anything he sets his mind on. I hold great esteem for how he stands up for what he believes in, and will never back down.

And his determination is written clearly on his face, he wanted to solve something before the day ends.

"For God's sake woman, are you even listening to what I am saying," He said looking straight into my eyes.

Honestly, I didn't hear anything, when he is around me my mind tends to stop working and everything becomes eerily silent.

"Aren't you going to talk to me or you will continue to ignore me?" He dragged me out of my reverie. "I can't stand another day of you ignoring me and Xian is asking questions why we don't talk anymore."

"I already talk to him," I replied shortly

I heard him take a deep breath. "What can I do just so you can forgive me, Aviana?"

"Apologize to Mac."

I knew he would do anything but that.

"Why should I apologize to him, he crosses the line." I could sense the fury bubbling again inside him.

"I know he crosses the line but he is the only family I have and he always protected me and Xian. And you can't blame him if he acted the way he did know who you are." I said raising my voice lightly.