CHAPTER 7

"Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it."

C. JoyBell C.

********************

CHAPTER 7

AVIANA POV

"Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be." It's what my mom always says when I feel like giving up.

Growing up as a child, my mother was the only confidant I have even if she is suffering from my father's cruelty.

My mother was a possession hold by my father while he has a line of mistresses on the side until now, especially Jessica Parker's mother who he married secretly even though he was still married to my Mom.

I can't even imagine what my Mom had been through besides my father.
I have my fair share of father and daughter bonding, it was one of the less memory I have with him that I've been holding onto as a treasure.

I vaguely remembered when I was six and Jessica's family came into the picture of what I thought a happy and normal family. But was I wrong, my family is never normal even before I was born.

For two years nothing bad happens but when my eighth birthday came, our lives turn upside down when Jessica came to my room and begun kicking me in my stomach until I'm vomiting blood on my white fur carpet.

And what shocked me more is when she ripped her dress, scratch her arms, anything that will look like she was hit badly before she wobbled in my open door screaming help.

She even purposely bit her lip until it bleeds and fake crying in agony. I sat there frozen in my spot even when my father and her mother came.

Not even when her mother slapped me hard sending me a few feet away from my spot did my gazed waver.

My eyes glued to where my father sat comforting Jessica who still sobbing hysterically in my father's embrace.
It pained me to see my father look at me venomously as if I did something unforgivable.

When the truth is I did nothing wrong. My body felt numb that I can't even feel her claws scratch my arm or her feet made contact with my ribs and stomach.

My tears flowing freely as my father watches her abuse me, his eight-year-old innocent child. He even left with Jessica in his arm and leaving me laying down on my blood inside my room.

I never remember anything after that day because when I walked up I didn't have any bruises or even felt a twinge of pain.

It was like it never happens but I knew deep down it happened and I could tell every time my Mom looks at me with regret and pain or when Dad glared and shout at me for nothing.

I could never forget that day and the days after, it will forever sketch in my memory of the unfaithful and cruel years I'd have to endure from them.

I've had my fair share of remembrance from their sick twisted mind, though it was not noticeable if you look closely, you can see a faint scar on my lower left breast down to my right thigh.

Causing me to become nearly infertile but luckily the glass didn't reach one of my ovaries.

I didn't realize I've reached my house and I've been looking at nothing for far too long. It's sad to see my son growing up without his father by his side.

If I could go back in time I would and I would have told my husband to not leave the house that day.

But no matter how much we wish things will happen differently but it's just how life is. If Calvin didn't believe me even with the proof that he is the biological father I will do anything for my kids with or without him.