CHAPTER 18

*************************
"She wasn't exactly sure when it happened. Or even when it started. All she knew for sure was that right here and now, she was falling hard and she could only pray that he was feeling the same way."
—Nicholas Sparks
*************************

Aviana POV

We finally arrived home. I fell asleep throughout the drive. I was so exhausted for no reason at all. Having my twins is a blessing for me because they filled the missing part of my heart. I've always wanted to have a big family.

I've never really got to know the feeling of having a sister because my step sister hated me for some reason. I hated her because my father chooses her over his daughter just to make his second wife happy. At times I pity her because she has to deal with her demanding and social climber mother.

I've promised myself to do everything I could to protect my children and to treat them equally. I will not make the same mistakes my father did to me in the past. I am willing to sacrifice everything to give them the perfect childhood they deserve, what every child deserves.

My father and his second family are the only reason why I left home or maybe the perfect word to describe it "escape from my own home" just to get away from that hell of a house which I once called my home.

Thanks to my best friend Mac, he saved me and he protected me from my father. His family helped me hide from the people who were looking after me. Luckily no one knew me and I was able to change my name with the help of my father's best friend.

Uncle Nicola and my father were best friends since they were young but they rarely agreed with anything. I wonder why they are still friends. Uncle Nicola is a down-to-earth single man. He never got the chance to find the right woman for him. He works a lot and passes his time at my father's house ever since I could remember. He is the only one who knew me very well. He treated me like his own daughter. And when he found out about my situation he was so furious and he fought for me. But he couldn't do anything about it, but my father banned him from coming to our house.

People knew me as Aviana Carlson "the ghost daughter of the second richest man in the world". But no one ever saw me nor had taken my picture. When I was born my parents decided to hide me from the media and the outside world. I always asked myself why but then I found out why they choose to hide me. My father is one of the richest, influential, and notorious man on earth. He constantly received threats from his enemies. Until now no one knew where or who is her daughter.

When I was old enough my father decided to homeschool me and my mother was against it. They fought a lot and when I was only 6 years old my mother left me and my father. She never came back. What I knew is my mother left with a heavy heart because she couldn't bring me with her, she couldn't do anything to fight back against my father.

Since I left home I never heard anything from my father. Just thinking about him gives me chills of fear and anger. I missed him but I don't think if I could ever forget nor forgive him for everything he has done.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look what I got for you." Xian appeared upon hearing me entered the house screaming excitedly with a white paper pad in his hand.

"Hey! Big boy. Let me see what you got for me." I said as I bent over to look at what he is showing. I saw a drawing of a family in front of a house similar to where we are right now.

"This is us, Calvin, you, me, and the twins." He explains with so much enthusiasm. I am so happy to have him. He is just too smart for his age.

"That's so beautiful. So do you want Calvin to be part of our family?"