CHAPTER 6

A/N: I'm sorry for the change POV. The previous chapter was like a sneak peek of what they both felt and thought of each other. But for the rest of the story, I will be using First person pov.

Thanks, and enjoy. ☺ ☺ ☺

~ ● ● ~ ● ● ~ ● ● ~

CHAPTER 6

Aviana pov

The next morning I gathered all the farmers in the mansion. They were all seated in the front yard since they wouldn't all fit inside the living room. Their wives and children were all here also, playing and looking after them. Nanay Belen cooked some foods for the kids to help them occupied while the elders talked.

"Good Afternoon, everyone. I'm sorry if I called you all here without further notice but this is very important and it couldn't wait for another day. And please bear with me if I can't speak for now of your native language and I am trying my best to learn." I started smiling warmly at the crowd in front of me.

They all look tired but still, they managed to put a smile on their faces. It was one of the things I admired about Filipinos. All smiles no matter how hard their day was and they are all very welcoming and hospitable. They treated each other like one family.

"No problem Madam." Some said and some just smiled.

I smiled sadly knowing the smile plastered on their faces will be nothing but that once I tell them the bad news.

"Alright, I don't know how to tell you all about this but my late Grandfather owed a big amount of money and the Bank gave me four months to pay the debt. I didn't know about this not until yesterday and I'm afraid but I don't have enough money to pay the debt of my late Grandfather, not unless I will sell the Ranch." I said and a chorus of gasps and complaints arise.

They all talk at the same time and some were shouting profanities on my way making me cringe in guilt knowing they will all lose their source of income when the Ranch will be sold to another owner. I can see their disappointment written in their tired faces and the troubled look they shared with their wife/ husband/parents.

I know how hard this news for them to take knowing they've worked their entire lives here and their children are attending school in the town, nearby. If I will sell the Ranch it means the farmers will have to evacuate their houses because it was located in the vicinity of the land. My grandfather gave them land where they could build their own houses but without legal documents stating that they own the land. It worries me how many families will suffer if I couldn't pay the debt within four months.

My father is out of the choice and he most likely won't lend me money, money that he only wants for his stepfamily and not for his own family.

"Is there any other way for you to pay the debt, madam?"

" I'm afraid at this point there is none but I am trying to find a bank where I can take a loan. I am not promising anything but I will try to find a way to ensure that all of you will be taken care of no matter what." I said trying to reassure and ease their worries even just for a while.

This problem at hand is giving me a headache and so much stress that I couldn't sit still.

I watch them talked with each other and I couldn't help but hear some of their negative opinions about me. I may not be aware of how to live as a farmer and manage a Ranch as big as this but I have enough knowledge on how to keep things going. It's the only thing I get from my father, his way of managing his businesses but I am not like him who uses his power to manipulate others. I will be surprised if one day I will hear that he died somewhere, he has a lot of enemies lurking in the dark.