Love Spell

"All right,"Mal said,"It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry."

"Let's just chop up some onions,"Carlos said.

"No. It says that we need one tear of human sadness,"Mal said,"And this love potion gets the best so we have to follow it exactly."

"A tear's a tear,"Jay said.

"That's not true, Jay,"Evie responded,"They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear."

"Listen to you,"Jeanie said.

"Yeah, I knew that,"Jay said.

"Did not,"Carlos said.

"Yeah, I did,"Jay responded.

"Boys,"Jeanie started.

"There you are, Mal,"Lonnie said entering the kitchen,"I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair! Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?"

"Nothing special. Just cookies,"Mal said.

Lonnie dipped her finger into the batter and tried some, even though all of them started saying no and wait.

"What? I'm not gonna double dip,"Lonnie said.

"Feel anything,"Jeanie asked.

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something,"Mal asked.

Jay stood and brushed a hand through his hair, standing in front of her.

"Hey, there,"Jay said, smirking.

Lonnie just stared at him blankly before saying,"It could use some chips."

"Chips,"Jay questioned.

"And those are..."Mal asked.

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group,"Lonnie said putting a bowl down in front of them,"Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and... why are you all looking at me like that?"

"It's just different where we're from,"Mal said.

"Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought... Even villains love their kids,"Lonnie said.

The vk's all looked down.

 "Oh... How awful,"Lonnie said, reaching out to hold Mal's hand. 

Mal quickly wiped the tear from her face and threw it into the batter.

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams,"Mal said.

"Good night,"Lonnie said before leaving.

"Okay, boys, cookie sheet. Evie, oven,"Jeanie said,"Mal, you got the batter."

Mal stood at her locker, Jay moving to lean up next to it. 

"Are you feeling kind of weird about this,"Jay asked,"I mean, It's not so bad here, you know."

"Are you insane,"Mal asked,"Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it!"

"Thanks, Mal. I needed that,"Jay said. 

He walked over to where Jeanie was at her locker. 

"Hey,"Jay said. 

"Hey,"Jeanie responded,"Ready for the game later?"

"I'll be scoring the winning goal,"Jay said. 

"Not if I score it first,"Jeanie said. 

"I'm always up for a challenge,"Jay said,"You're on."

"It's not much of a challenge when there is a clear winner and a clear loser,"Jeanie said, shutting the door to her locker. 

"You talk big game,"Jay said,"But what about follow through."

"Did you come talk to me just to be annoying,"Jeanie asked.

"What, you don't think it's cute,"Jay asked. 

"Not really,"Jeanie said walking over to where Mal was with Ben who had just eaten a cookie.

"Jeanie,"Jay called racing over to her. 

He picked her up and spun her around. 

"You're in a good mood,"Jeanie said once Jay had put her down. 

"We just won the game,"Jay said,"Aren't you?"

"Yeah, of course,"Jeanie said. 

"The team's gonna get pizza, you're gonna come right,"Jay asked. 

"I don't know,"Jeanie said.

"Come on, afterwards we can get icecream, just you and me,"Jay said. 

"Fine,"Jeanie said. 

The next day Jeanie got back to her room to find Evie sewing and Mal on a date with Ben. 

"Oh, I almost forgot to ask how your date with Jay went yesterday,"Evie said as Jeanie sat down on her bed. 

"It wasn't a date,"Jeanie said. 

"It was,"Evie said. 

"We ate pizza with the team,"Jeanie said. 

"But then you got icecream,"Evie said,"Just the two of you."

"As friends,"Jeanie said,"I've known Jay basically my whole life."

"So you don't think he's cute,"Evie asked. 

"No comment,"Jeanie said. 

"So you do think he's cute,"Evie said. 

She had abandoned her sewing machine in favor of sitting on Jeanie's bed across from her. 

"He's,"Jeanie said,"Aesthetically pleasing."

"Aesthetically pleasing,"Evie asked"Why can't you just say cute?"

"Me and Jay are great friends,"Jeanie said,"I'm not gonna mess that up by asking him out and wanting something more. I'm doing fine without a boyfriend thank you."

"You're impossible,"Evie said heading back over to her sewing machine. 

Jeanie just looked down at her notes, finding that she had absentmindedly doodle hearts. 

She erased them.

A/N: OooOooooOOOo. The drama! Not really. 

So, still trying decide whether or not Jay and Jeanie shoudl get together in this movie, or the next one. Thoughts?

-Lea