XXIII: The Trials

Hello! Welcome to another chapter of this book! I hope you like it and remember to vote, comment, and share! I love you all and enjoy it !!!

Remember if you have discord, to join my server!  It's very wholesome and chaotic all at once but I love it!  Also, remember to do the google form in my bio!

Also, when I am finished this book, I will be adding some images and art to help you visualize the scene in chapters :D I will be making an Introduction chapter as well with all sorts of banners like the one below and information about the story!

𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐬: @𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐛𝐢𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

My hands met the ground, the mud getting between my fingers.  I leaned my head over the edge, looking into the water and seeing how fast it was going.  I looked up and down it, seeing Clay out of the corner of my eye peering into the woods for AJ.

"Agent Jaxson Soot, this isn't funny!  AJ, come!" I whistled, the sound of the water overtaking it.  I peered into the water, somehow shaken by it.  It was just the feeling in the back of my mind that made me feel anxious to be near water.  Phil always knew that so he brought me closer to it for years.  I just never knew why I am so afraid of it.

I put my hand in the water, it immediately splashing up in my face.  It was absolutely freezing.  I hope Ranboo taught him how to swim.  I thought for a minute, taking off my boots and socks, and then slid right into the river.  I heard yelling from Clay as I tried my best to dive under and see if he was under the water instead of above.  Chances are, he doesn't know how to swim.

The cold freezing water was stinging my skin as I went underwater, even desperately opening my eyes in an attempt to see AJ but instead getting the murky water in my eyes.  I felt around, feeling wet bark that was probably from a fallen tree.  I was barely even moving, the water pushing me around.  I stubbed my toe on what seemed to be a rock and immediately yelped in pain, water filling my mouth.  I went up for air, spitting out all the water.  I could see Clay, right by the side of the water, shouting at me.

"Get out of the water!  You'll get hurt!"

"What if he fell in-" a wave of water crashed in my face, getting into my eyes and nose and burning.  Another pummeled me again, sending me under.  My back hit the bottom and I squeezed my eyes shut, turning and feeling the sediment on my feet and pushed up, breaking to the surface.  I gasped and saw Clay reaching his hand out to me.  I reached for it but I looked down the stream to make sure I wouldn't hit anything if I missed and I saw it.  The familiar little green and white collar.

I paddled down the stream as if the current wasn't pushing me down it fast enough.  Clay was yelling at me again, telling me I'm crazy.  I could see the small pup drenched and dripping of water, clinging onto a root protruding out from the side of the river.  I was drifting to the left when I should be going to the right side.  I put my palms in a cup formation and pushed to get to AJ.  He got closer and closer real fast.