VII: Are You Always Difficult?

Hello! Welcome to my new book! I hope you like it and remember to vote, comment, and share! I love you all and enjoy it!!!

I saw everyone sitting down in front of the stage.  I still clung to Dream for support.  I was like a newborn giraffe walking around in these things.  Will and Tommy were at the top where they should be.  

"Welcome Dream!  Oh, and Y/N!  Go sit down in the crowd with the others!"  Will shouted into the mic.

"I'm sorry Wilbur but Y/N won't be sitting in the crowd today," Schlatt said as he pulled a sticker from his pocket with 'Schlatt2020' on the front.  

"Y-Y/N?  You go and disappear and you join the enemy?" Will asked, clearly shaken up.  This is just too much to handle.  Especially after Phil.

"And Dream!  He will also be speaking for Schlatt2020 today so Punz and Ponk, you better listen!" Schlatt said cheerfully.  He motioned for us to go up the steps.  I could see the hatred in Tommy's eyes and I mouthed 'Sorry' to him.  Will looked like he was still trying to process the new trend of the week: betrayals. 

"We'll speak first," Schlatt rudely said, making his way to the stage.

"Hello people of Manberg-"

"Manberg?  That is such a shit name-" Tommy was cut off by Will covering his mouth.

"As I was saying, welcome people of Manberg!  I have two wonderful people here with me today who can vouch that I am the right person to vote for!  I don't even have to say anything.  I'm just that great!  Now, listen to everything these two have to say!" Schlatt moved and pulled Dream by the arm, me wobbling and trying to gain balance.  I tried standing as still as I could.  Will noticed and walked over to me, holding me up.

"What are you doing on their side?" he whispered.

"10-25," I whispered trying to use the codes I learned when I was younger. I wanted to say as least words as I could to avoid punishment.

"Where?"

"Phil."

"Dock or grave?"

"Dock."

"Alright, Y/N, it's your turn!" Schlatt exclaimed pushing me forward.  Dream caught me and stood next to me, giving me an apologetic smile.

"If I'm being honest, Schlatt is the best candidate for this.  He's given me food, water, fresh new clothes, and his full support!  I know he can do good things for L'manberg.  Just you wait and see." I stepped back, almost losing my footing.  It was Will's turn to speak.

"I've been leading L'manberg since day one.  I know, we haven't won the wars but we got through it together.  We are family and I trust that you will vote for me in two days on election day.  That's all I have to say.  I'm not great at speeches.  I would like to ask you Schlatt in front of everyone here if I could borrow Y/N for a moment alone.  Her grandfather left her some things."  

Will is such a smart motherfucker.

He pulled the dead Phil card in front of the citizens of L'manberg.

No way Schlatt could say no now.

"Of course,  my friend!  I just ask for a one-minute time limit since we have a lot of campaigning and preparation for the big day."  I could see Schlatt's face.  I've only just met him but I knew that wasn't a very happy face.

Will walked over to me, Dream letting go of me and passing me to Will.  We walked down the steps and walked on the path.  I looked bath and could see Schlatt watching.  His head leaned over to Quackity and I saw Quackity rushing down the steps.