III: 49 Minutes

Hello! Welcome to my new book! I hope you like it and remember to vote, comment, and share! I love you all and enjoy it!!!

I could hear the dinner bell from the house.

"Sorry, Phil.  I gotta go..."

"It's fine.  Just check with me after you wake up here.  I have someone you should meet that Will has never mentioned."  I looked at him confused.

"You'll see.  Now go eat.  After today, you wouldn't want to make Will angrier than he already is," he chuckled.

"See you tomorrow, Phil."

"Bye, kid."

The sun was setting and the lights of the house were very clear from here.  I could already see Will with his arms crossed.  I walked right past him and saw Fundy, Tommy, and Tubbo seated at the table.  Looks like we're having a salad.  Again.  They all went silent when I walked in and sat down, Will following behind.  

"So...any projects going on-" 

"Why would you do that?!" Will cut me off, slamming his glass of water down. 

"Well I know we can take them!"

"Y/N... when war breaks out again, I want you in the bunker.  Away from everyone."

"Will I'm sorr-"

"That's my decision.  Now if you'll excuse me I have to plan our lines of attack," Will announced as he got up, bringing his food with him.

"That was one hell of a conversation!  Why can't you listen for once, Y/N?  You always make it your duty to be stubborn!  Be more like me for once!" Fundy scolded.

"It's always about you, isn't it?  Sorry that I don't want to be a defenseless prick like you, is that what you want me to say?" I threw a piece of lettuce at him, knowing damn well I was acting like an annoying child. I sat back down and shoveled my food into my mouth, not making eye contact with any of the boys.  When I was finished I took my full glass of water and threw it onto Fundy and walking away, not caring what his reaction was.  I put my dishes into the sink and walked out to my own hut next to the big house.  Since I'm now 20, Tubbo and Fundy built this for me for my birthday.  Now I have all the privacy I need other than Will visiting and criticizing every bit of my home saying it's "too messy" and that I better not have any of Big Q's drugs in here.

I changed into all black.  Black boots, black cloak, black shirt, black pants.  I stared at the watch that Eret gave me as a birthday present.  Eight o'clock in the evening.  Will normally comes to say good night by now before he goes off to do his duties.  He's never missed a good night.

And I have to admit,

This was kind of heartbreaking for him to miss it.

I left a note on my bedside table, saying I would be back before midnight and that I went to go see Phil.  

I walked out the door, being careful to only step on the stepping stones and not leaving any signs of which direction I had went.  I headed directly for the wall.  All the homes were dark.  Everyone was trying to catch up on sleep for what they're in for tomorrow.  Except me. 

When I left the "safety" of the walls, I immediately saw the looming, haunting presence of the woods.  That's all there was around L'manberg.  I took out my sword, walking cautiously to avoid almost getting stabbed in the neck again.  The evening temperatures were pretty low, making me pull the hood over my forehead more.  I didn't know what I was doing.  I just knew I needed out of there.  Seven years is enough for me.