Chapter 8

Audenzia's POV:

The second I saw him I tried to leave before he noticed me, but it was too late. He walked over and stood across the island so we were directly across from each other. "It's funny seeing you here."

Rolling my eyes, I walk around the island and decide to make a quick avocado toast.

"You should be nicer to me, unless you want your dad to know about your adventures trying to kill Ashton."

"What do you want from me?" I know he won't leave me alone if I keep ignoring him, so I turn around to find that he is less than a foot away from me. I try to take a step back but run into the countertop.

"I want to know all of your little secrets"

I laughed internally at this, but held a cold gaze on him. "Back up." I demand, but instead he inches closer, our faces inches apart. "You really think I'm trying to make a move on you?" He laughs, not moving from his position which is practically pinning me to the counter. I don't respond to this.

I've heard many rumors about him, he is a playboy. A new girl every night, each one discarded like they are nothing the next day. That's all the news ever talks about his him and his pieces of eye candy. I will never be one of those girls to anyone.

"You think so low of me, I would never try anything with a kid" he smirks, his eyes scanning my body. He emphasized the word kid while looking me up and down, obviously taking a dig at my flat chest and barely noticeable curves. His words hurt me more then they should have, maybe it's because I've heard words like that too much.

Flashback

"Im going to have a few rounds with her, maybe even send Keanu a video of it too." A voice laughs down the hall from Audenzia's cell where she lays half conscious.

"You would think because of how hot her mother is that she would have tits or even an ass, instead she has a body of a fucking ten year old." Another voice says, belonging to Fred.

"You can't deny she has a tight ass pussy though." The men laugh.

End of flashback

I quickly blink away any trace of tears from my eyes and force myself to not think about my past. Don't be weak. Without saying a word, I step to the side and try push past him, but he moves with me and blocks me, "I want to know why you tried to kill Fred Ashton."

I roll my eyes and make another move to pass him, which is met with him holding me in place with his hand on my waist. "Don't touch me" I snap, shoving him away from me and grabbing my now burnt piece of toast from the toaster, not bothering to get avocado before leaving the kitchen.

Xander's POV:

I am pissed. This girl obviously has no idea who she is talking to, walking away from me like that. Most girls would submit just at my touch, but she looked repulsed by it.

What intrigued me was the fact that she had never shown any emotion, but just now I noticed her eyes water just the slightest bit at my words. I didn't mean to offend her that badly, I mean I am 27 years old and her body doesn't look a day over twelve. Judging by her face and how old her brothers are, I'm assuming she is actually around eighteen, which is still almost ten years younger than me.

"What's wrong now?" I look up to see some of my crew entering the kitchen including Dom, Geo, Lucas, and Dallas. Lucas and Dallas are both snipers, and you already met Dom and Geo.

"We just heard about the girl, has Keanu found out you roughed her up yet?" Dom somewhat joked, talking about when Audenzia and I had gotten into a fight at the ball. I shake my head, "God help you if he does." Geo laughs.

I roll my eyes, "She wont open her mouth about Fred, and it is really starting to piss me off."

"Maybe give her a few days then try again, maybe threaten to go to her father." Lucas suggested, which seemed like it could work. That's just what I will do, give her two days.

——————

The last two days we have been starting preparing for war, I haven't seen much of Audenzia since we haven't had any missions together yet, but I have spent lots of time with her brothers, that I found I quite like. Isaac is very smart and always logical, Rian is more silly and makes lots of jokes, and Gray is the most chill and easygoing. They all seem very close, and sound very protective of Audenzia, who I found out is nineteen years old.

Something definitely happened with them and the Cobra's, because when they talk about Victor and Fred they speak with so much hatred, yet none of them will talk about why. I tried to ask once and Isaac said they stole from them a lot, but I'm not stupid enough to believe that.

My best bet is getting Audenzia to open up, which I am trying to do right now.

I knocked on her door a few times, when she didn't answer I decided to just go inside. I could hear shower water running, which made sense because she was just on a reconnaissance mission half an hour ago.

I examined her room, which was pretty much the same as every other guest room, except for a few personal items here and there. Walking up to her nightstand, I pick up a small picture propped up of her and her family. It looked pretty recent, probably one or two years ago. I set the photo down, a tiny orange bottle filled with pills catching my attention.

I pick it up to observe it to find it is strong PTSD medication. I was so carried away with this, I didn't even hear the shower stop running.

"What the hell are you doing!?" I hear her half yell at me, and turn to find her in nothing but a towel, her hair sopping wet.

She walks over to me and grabs the bottle from my hand and placing it back on the nightstand. "Leave."

I can't help but take a moment to observe her in front of me, the towel tight on her body and nothing underneath. She wasn't anything special, short, flat, with a little curves, and far too skinny for my liking, but something about her was extremely attractive. My attention was brought back to the situation, her familiar hatred filled glare staring up at me.

"What are those pills for?" I ask, remembering the orange bottle she had taken from my hand, "Nothing." Is all she responds, nodding her head to the door signaling that she wants me out. "Those aren't 'nothing' they are serious"

"Maybe I'll be more willing to talk if I had clothes on. Get out." She demanded. "Fine but meet me in the garden in half an hour." I agreed, wanting to know more about this for some reason. Why did I care? I have no idea. I'm telling myself it could lead me to knowledge about their relationship with the Cobra's, but is it something more then that? Why do I feel upset knowing that she was hurt so bad by something that she needs this medicine?

————————
Thank you for reading!

I love y'all so much!

Vote and comment!

1284 words