Chapter 39

Audenzia's POV:

Last night was spent with my mom in front of a big TV stuffing ice cream down our throats. I didn't explain to her what happened, she just knew something had been wrong.

My mom and I don't have the best relationship, but that doesn't mean I don't love her, and I know she loves me.

Now it was morning and I was dreading going back to New York. Here, my family doesn't work the Romano's offices for them, obviously. Meaning we have had a break from the excruciating paperwork for months.

Overall though, it will be nice to be in my room and to see Harper again.

The whole morning is chaotic with my brothers procrastinating their packing until right before we leave, and my mom screaming at them for it.

As I'm watching them sprint back and forth through the house, I feel hands softly land on my waist, a kiss on the back of my head.

"You excited to be home?" He whispers into my ear, shivers shooting down my back.

For a second I forget why I was upset with him, just for a second.

The plane ride was long. I mean it was comfortable and nice, thanks to the private jet, but it was still long. Especially trying to avoid Xander.

Eventually, we finally arrived in New York.

Our penthouse was squeaky clean with the smell of bleach as we stepped inside. The familiar environment surrounded by buildings calmed my nerves, I was happy to be home.

We all got settled in, the Romano's had plenty of guest bedrooms to choose from. Although in the future I'm sure Xander will end up in my room a lot, right now I'm letting him get his own room.

"Audieeee" a deep voice booms into my room, "Dad told us to go to the offices." Gray says.

I stand up from my position on the floor where I had been unpacking, "Already?"

"We were gone for months, we have lots to catch up on."

I let out a sigh, "Just let me change and we can leave in ten." I tell him, making him nod before leaving. It's temping to shower, but I don't have time right now. I change into a simple black skirt and top, throwing my messy hair into a bun.

"Off already?" Xander stops me when I enter the hallway. I nod, "To the office." I give him a weak smile, unsure why I told him where I was going. I mean he probably could have guessed by my outfit.

"How is your room?" I ask.

He gives me a pointed look, "Yours would be better"

I roll my eyes at him, "Will you forgive me?" He steps closer, his voice dropping to almost a whisper. "Let's not do this right now," I respond, this was not the right time to talk. "You're killing me here" His hands snake around my waist, "I forgive you." I tell him, his eyes instantly widening. "But that doesn't mean I'm not still mad." I pull away and leave, deciding a few days of no kisses or affection will be a good fuck you to him.

Gray is already waiting for me next to the elevator, "What took so long?"

"None of your business." I say, giving him a light shove as I walk past him and into the waiting elevator. As we descend, Gray fills me in on the files we need to sort and what papers to sign. "No rest for the wicked." I mumble when the elevator hits the tenth floor that is filled with offices.

"Nobody told us you guys were back!" A high pitched voice shrills, a familiar red head embracing Gray into a hug. "Just got in this morning." Gray responds, pulling away from Abigail, one of the retail workers. She only works in the offices because her twin brother is one of our accountants and he insisted they worked at the same place. I have no problem with the girl, however she is obsessed with all of my brothers. And Dad.

She has never particularly been rude to me, but we also have never really talked before. "How was Italy?" She asks, a big smile on her freckled face. "It was beautiful, if you would excuse us we really have work to do." Gray smiles, dismissing her in a way so she isn't offended. That's something Gray is good at. Rian would have told her to fuck off, Isaac probably would have too.

"Oh of course! I will send Cori to your office with some things he needs signed." Abigail says this to me, forcing a weak smile from my lips. Cori was her twin brother, who I didn't mind too much. He works hard and has always been nice to me. My brothers get along with him, since he is just a year younger than Rian.

"Damn you two look tan!" Cori smiles as we walk into my office, that looks deserted at the moment. Cori places a few files on my desk before walking over and giving Gray a small hug. He knows not to try to get a hug out of me.

"You holding the place down well?" Gray asks with a light tone. Cori laughs, "It was slightly overwhelming at times but we got everything controlled while you guys were gone. It was fun getting to boss people around."

"Good to hear." Gray laughs, "I need to do some stuff, text me if you need me." Gray says to me before leaving.

"You enjoy Italy?" Cori asks me as I walk over to my desk. I just nod, opening the file and scanning through different contracts. "Those are mostly from Russia, just offers about trading and such." Cori explains, walking over and flipping one of the files open so that we are both looking at a huge page of tiny words covering every inch. Cori stands a bit closer for my liking, his front is brushing against my back as he leans over me to show me the contracts.

"Audenzia?" Xander's voice causes my eyes to shoot to the door where he stands with a cup of coffee, just black, just how he knows I like it. Cori doesn't move until I take a step back to get around my desk, hitting into him lightly. "I was just bringing you coffee." Xander says, his eyes staring down Cori. "Thank you," I smile, taking the cup from his hand.

I hear Cori's footsteps approaching us, "Who is this?" Xander questions. I open up so everyone can see everyone, "I'm Cori," Cori speaks before I can, his hand outstretched to Xander, who just looks at him suspiciously. "He is an accountant for us, but has been helping take care of bigger jobs while we were away." I explain.

"And you're Xander Romano, correct?" Cori says, tucking his unshaken hand back into his pocket. Xander just nods, "Could you please give me and my girlfriend some privacy?" He says, an annoyed tone lacing his words. "Girlfriend?" Cori sounds shocked, looking to me for some sort of reassurance. I just nod, "Could you give us a minute?" I ask, making Cori nod and look suspiciously to Xander before leaving.

Right when the door closes, I am scooped up and walked over to my desk. "Xander, what are you—

"I'm reminding you whose you are." He practically growls his lips connecting with my neck. He is standing between my legs, his hands running up my waist and up my thigh. "Nothing was happening" I say, making Xander pause, "He doesn't think that." His lips now hit mine and I melt into him. I've missed him the past few days, and right now, under his control, I couldn't say no to him. I didn't want to.

"Now I want you to make sure he hears what I'm doing to you" he whispers into my ear, his hands reaching under my skirt, hiking it up to my waist. I reach for his belt, undoing it and feeling himself hard through his pants. I feel the buttons on my top come undone, then Xander's lips on my breasts, no doubt leaving hickeys.

When he enters me, my hand covers my mouth as an unintentional moan leaves my lips. In one swift movement, my hands are pulled back and held above me, both of us now laying on my desk. "Let me hear you" Xander whispers, the feeling of him moving in and out blurring my thoughts. I couldn't make myself stay quiet, not with his lips on mine and my hands pinned above me, not to mention his huge...thingy...inside of me.

"I love you" he mutters as he finishes right with me, his forehead touching mine. I pull him into a kiss, my hands running through his messy hair, "I love you too." I smile, not caring how embarrassed I will probably feel facing people in my office later,