Chapter 13

Audenzia's POV:

"What time will this be?" I asked my father after finding out I had to go on a stake out with him tonight. "Around ten is when they're most active." He responds, barely paying attention to me as he looks through papers.

I had finished up my bombs when Rian came and told me my dad wanted to see me in his office.

"Does he know about this yet?"

"No, I figured you could just fill him in."

I nodded before leaving the office to find him. It was going on eight and he had been in one of the game rooms with his buddies for hours.

My hand found the bracelet on my wrist as I walked nervously to the room that I could hear music blasting from. I hope he isn't drunk. I think to myself, and put on a brave face before pushing through the door.

He always has little 'game nights' with his friends, I have never witnessed one. Until now, of course.

My nose is filled with the scent of alcohol when I step into the room. I immediately see Xander on the couch with a blonde who was wearing next to nothing on his lap.

He was talking with his friends who were also accompanied by women, and a beer in his hand.

His eyes shot to meet me when I made my way over to him, feeling pissed. We are supposed to be cracking down on The Cobra's but here he is getting drunk with dozens of hookers. "I need to speak to you." I say, crossing my arms and ignoring the blonde's glare at me. Xander narrows his eyes, "Talk."

"Hey who's this?" I feel someone walking up behind me, and see the reflection in Xander's beer bottle. His arm reaches up to grab my ass, I spin and grab his arm, twisting him around then bring my knee up to his elbow, hearing a satisfying crack.

"Don't touch me." I hissed as he grabbed his arm in pain. "Let's go." Xander angrily stands up, sending the blonde on his lap flying to the floor. He grabs my wrist and practically drags me from the room.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" He spits at me, obviously furious.

"You're plastered." I say, looking him up and down in disgust.

"And you are going around breaking my friends arms." He is angry.

"Tell your men to keep their hands off of me and I won't break their arms." I respond. "Why did you even come down here?" He says with an annoyed tone.

"We have a stake out in two hours. Try and sober up yeah?" I say, handing him a file with our job information. He rolled his eyes but took the file. "Two hours." I say again, turning and walking away from the very drunk man.

——————

Xander's POV:

"Who was that?" Carlos asks, sipping his drink as I walked back in the room. These men were my high school friends that I often had over. I didn't like them very much but they reminded me of simpler times and weren't awful people to have fun with.

"Nobody important." I respond coldly, sitting back down, planning on finishing my drink before attempting to sober up.

The blonde climbs back on to my lap but I don't want her touching me anymore so I glare at her and she takes the hint.