Chapter 36

Audenzia's POV:

I dropped to the floor, pulling a syringe out and stabbing Laila, who had also dropped to the floor, so that she will be knocked out. Glass was shattering above my head, falling down onto my exposed arms.

I did my best to find Xander in the chaos, but he was nowhere to be seen.

I quickly put a tracker on Laila before daring to shuffle across the glass while bullets rang out above me.

Who were they even trying to shoot?

At this point I was behind a counter, so I was hidden from view.

All of the sudden the guns ceased, the only noise left being screams and glass being stomped on.

I inched onto my knees before peeking over the counter to see Victor, Fred, and a man I have never seen before all talking in a hushed voice.

Just looking at the two of them made me want to be sick right then and there. I slipped my gun from my thigh, wanting the feeling of them being dead. Suddenly I was grabbed from behind and dragged from the counter to the open, where all three of the men's eyes landed on me.

Fred let out a laugh as I struggled in the arms of one of his guards.

"Where is she." Victor asks me in a cold tone. I stay quiet, I know they are talking about Laila.

I see a glint of white appear on the wall to my right, a simple reflection off of the glass, but it's telling me to stay put.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I smile, not sure how I am sounding so strong right now. Just being in the presence of these men makes me want to cry.

The hold on me tightens into a painful one, but I don't budge.

"She's dead." I confess, even if it's a lie.

"You're lying" Fred hisses as he walks over to me. I hold my ground, not like I had room to move either way.

"I find you and this Romano boy amusing." He smirks, the back of his hand caressing my face.

I meet his gaze, praying Xander knows what he is doing.

"Even Laila had a tough time getting between you."

I audibly scoffed, despite knowing she was a spy it's different to actually hear Fred admit it.

"I'm glad she was able to cause this, though." Fred laughed as he pulled my dress up so the slices on my thighs were visible.

"Fuck off." I tell him, jerking my leg away from him. He looks at me with nothing but fury, "Are you forgetting who I am? Who you are?"

He pulls out a knife from his pants.

Within seconds dozens of men crowd the room, aiming guns at the four men who are Cobra's.

I almost smile at the situation until Fred pulls me in front of him with a knife to my throat.

"Do not fucking move!" He yells while everyone seizes the other men.

I find my family along with the Romano's and Xander had a gun aimed right at Fred, who had me in his arms.

The cool metal of his blade on my throat made my heart race, but I know I needed to stay calm.

I twisted around and quickly hit Fred's chin with an uppercut before switching so I was the one holding a blade to him.

"Not so tough now?" I laughed, feeling even happier when he tried to pull away only to have a blood line form on his throat from the knife.

"Bitch" he mumbled.

My eyes widened in fake surprise at his words. "I think he needs to cool down, don't you?" I say to Xander, who looks nothing short of pleased with what just happened.

Xander smiled before tossing me a vile of sleep medicine. "Nighty night." I cooed to Fred before stabbing the needle into his neck. My dad did the same to Victor and the other two men.

As soon as their bodies dropped to the floor Xander embraced me into a long hug. "You scared me." He whispered.

"You scared me." I admit, which was true. I had no idea what he had been doing while I was alone with Fred and Victor. I put all my trust into him, and it paid off.

"Watch your hands." My dads voice brought us away from our hug. I realized Xander's hand had dropped down to my butt, making my dad fume.

I pulled away, slightly embarrassed. "I'm glad you're safe." My dad said, bringing me into a hug.

"You all act like I've been kidnapped again." I say sarcastically. My dad chuckles in our hug, "These men will wish they were dead when I am done with them." He tells me.

I give a weak smile, but in reality I just wish they were dead. I don't care about the endless torture my family will inflict on them, I just want to know they are gone for good. I know I could never convince anyone to just let me kill them, and I know they deserve the torture. After living so long with them haunting me, knowing they were dead, gone into hell, would be amazing.

And they will die, I just have to wait.

The car ride home was full of chatter, mostly Gray and Isaac arguing over who has bigger biceps.

It's nice having a moment like this not be tainted by Laila like they have been for the past month.

Xander's hand finds and squeezes my thigh reassuringly, "They won't hurt you anymore."

I smile and nod, "I just want them dead." I tell him, hoping maybe he will understand and let me kill them.

He sighs, "I know. Can I just torture them a little bit? You could even help me." He says enthusiastically like it would be an amazing date to torture people for hours. I laugh at this, "I would love to. But they will be dead before Friday."

He looks disappointed with only being given three days with them, but nods. He pulls me into him, the arguing with my brothers drowns out of my ears and all I can hear is Xander's heartbeat due to my head next to his chest.

"Your father won't like that."

Yes his time I sigh, "I know."

Xander's hand travels down the back of my dress, making circles on my mid back. I allow myself to close my eyes and sink into his warmth.

"Nothing will ever hurt you again." I hear Xander whisper, although I'm not sure if he intended for me to hear. I think he was just making a promise to himself, which made my heart so incredibly happy.

After a long drive to the house, I wake shaken awake by Rian. "We are here." He tells me. I look at him confused as to why he leaned over and woke me up when I was practically on Xander. "He was too big of a pussy to wake you up." Isaac laughs before getting out of the limo.

I look up to Xander who rolls his eyes, "That's not true." He denies, but I can tell by the slight redness of his cheeks that it is most certainly true.

I just smile as I get out of the limo, Xander right behind me.

I feel Xander's hand on the small of my back as we walks up outside stairs into the house. When the door opens we see Carlos greeting us, looking uneasy.

"I had no idea about Javier." He tells Xander, a worried tone lacing his voice.

"I'll talk with you later." Xander dismissed him, turning back to me and leading me upstairs.

I don't miss Carlos' harsh glare to me as we leave.

———————
Thank you for reading!

I love y'all so much!

Sorry for being inactive I am currently on vacation so it's hard to update!

Love y'all!!!!!!!

1328 words